ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a little write up on how to swap out a stock exhaust for the Nameless axleback exhaust. I know it seems a little silly, as it is so simple, but I know I actually looked for one of these before I did it.

What is needed:
Two 14mm wrenches or sockets
About 20 minutes. Seriously, super easy.

Step one may vary, if you are a portly gentlemen, you may want to jack up the back or put it up on ramps. I did not need to do so, but it probably would have made it a little easier.

Step two, find the huge stock muffler.

Follow it back a little bit to where it connects up to the rest of the piping.

Take those bolts off. Save them and the gasket. You may want to have a replacement if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Also in this pic are the hangers, but we'll get to that.

Now deal with the stock hangers. There are two of them. One at the back of the muffler:

One at the front:

Take off the rear first, it can be a little bit of a *****. But basically just slide them off. Save them.

Take out the stock muffler. Looks pretty empty without them.

Stock muffler is pretty huge next to the Nameless. Pretty shiney too.

Grab the new "muffler" and reverse the steps. Put the rubber hangers on the Nameless. Hang it first. Then put the gasket inbetween the new muffler and piping. Put the bolts back on and tighten down a bit, not all the way yet. Step back out and make sure it is positioned where you want it, you have a little play. Once you have it in place, crawl back under and tighten it up.

Here is the right side done, versus the left stock side. It does stick out a little more.

Repeat on the other side and enjoy!

Video of before and after here:
YouTube - 2011 WRX Stock First then Nameless Exhaust

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
after doing this would i need a tune or does just axleback not require a tune?
Axelback does not require a tune. It really does not add any performance - it is an audio upgrade.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
BigDaddyRex said:
Axelback does not require a tune. It really does not add any performance - it is an audible upgrade.
Fixed ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It does require a better powdercoating than they gave me. Still waiting on the shipping instructions on sending it back for that they've offered but never come through on...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts