Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering a couple things, first of which is how easy and costly is it to make our car RWD. Also, are there any systems that change the amount of hp split between f/r so there is about 80% rear? And does the reliability of the car in any way change with either setup?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was curious about that myself. I dont want to do it because I am fond of the AWD, mainly just for information. Shiv converted theres to FWD to run on the Dyno the had. Could the same method be used to be RWD what ever it was?

Justin

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think Cobb makes a viscous coupler that will convert it to RWD for dyno purposes because some of their distributors only have 2wd dynos. I'm not sure if it is safe for street use though.

Later,

Dale

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
I know the 1st gen Impreza WRC had a dial which manually adjusted the torque bias, from 100% power to the front to 100% power to the rears.

I'm wondering why do you want to make the car RWD?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am into street racing and the awd is killing me in the top end. I need more hp to the wheels but I would prefer to have 20/80 f/r torgue split.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Apart from the WRC cars, the STi 22B also has a dialable differential. Normal setting is 35/65 for front/rear I believe...basically, look around for some rather expensive electro-hydro center differential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts