ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums and couldn’t really find a proper place to ask about this, but is there something with footwork i can do to add a couple pops and crackles to my daily driving? I have an Invidia n1 catback exhaust. I know everyones gonna tell me I’m stupid and ruining the car and blah blah blah, i just wanna be able to do it for fun and for myself. Is there anything i can do to help with adding pops and crackles?

·
11,586 Posts
I have an Invidia n1 catback

I’m stupid and ruining the car

Is there anything i can do to help with adding pops and crackles?
No.

Let me tell you why this is stupid. The pop and crackle sound you hear in the exhaust is fuel exiting the cylinder via the exhaust port. First off this means your car is richer than it should be and you are not burning all the fuel. Over time it leads to carbon build up in the cylinders and eventual detonation.

There can also be damage to your turbo and wastegate depending on where the fuel ignights in the exhaust.

So, your car will sound super rad, the ladies will love you, but you'll be at home with a 10k dollar engine replacement bill because it's more important to be cool. if your car won't do it with the equipment in there it's running really well

·
Registered
376 Posts
No.

Let me tell you why this is stupid. The pop and crackle sound you hear in the exhaust is fuel exiting the cylinder via the exhaust port. First off this means your car is richer than it should be and you are not burning all the fuel. Over time it leads to carbon build up in the cylinders and eventual detonation.

There can also be damage to your turbo and wastegate depending on where the fuel ignights in the exhaust.

So, your car will sound super rad, the ladies will love you, but you'll be at home with a 10k dollar engine replacement bill because it's more important to be cool. if your car won't do it with the equipment in there it's running really well
If your car doesn't do it from the factory, accept it the way it is. BOVs, crackle tunes, etc. all may have detrimental effects to your wallet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.

Yeah i know exactly what happens. I’m more than ready to deal with the outcome. I don’t want people telling me not to do it because I’m going to one way or another. I do appreciate it tho but i am aware of the consequences and am prepared to deal wit them. I’ve been wanting to swap engines and other parts out from the sti model so breakkng it is not my biggest worry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your car doesn't do it from the factory, accept it the way it is. BOVs, crackle tunes, etc. all may have detrimental effects to your wallet.
Yeah i had a bov but that just wasn’t for me, definitely made some crackles with it running rich. Will probably just go catless soon then get a minor crackle tune

·
11,586 Posts
Yeah i know exactly what happens. I’m more than ready to deal with the outcome. I don’t want people telling me not to do it because I’m going to one way or another. I do appreciate it tho but i am aware of the consequences and am prepared to deal wit them. I’ve been wanting to swap engines and other parts out from the sti model so breakkng it is not my biggest worry
Facebook may have a community that will help you make your car run worse, I'm not for certain.

All I know for certain is with that teen angst cannon you've got on there if you can't hear decel cackle your car is running extremely well and doing anything to change that is near psychotic.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I guess I'm really dense then. If you have an extra $10K or so just to throw into a project, why not take your current WRX, the $10K and upgrade to another vehicle. You can look at a 2016-2017 Camaro SS. They have a great engine, world class chassis (Alpha platform) and will crackle / pop all you want. There are unmolested examples for ~$22ish. I would recommend that you buy the TR6060 transmission instead of the 8 speed automatic as there are fluid issues that cause transmission issues. Best cure is stay away from the auto. Now of course, I'm only talking about a car that in a Motor Trend Head to Head kicked a M4s behind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'm really dense then. If you have an extra $10K or so just to throw into a project, why not take your current WRX, the $10K and upgrade to another vehicle. You can look at a 2016-2017 Camaro SS. They have a great engine, world class chassis (Alpha platform) and will crackle / pop all you want. There are unmolested examples for ~$22ish. I would recommend that you buy the TR6060 transmission instead of the 8 speed automatic as there are fluid issues that cause transmission issues. Best cure is stay away from the auto. Now of course, I'm only talking about a car that in a Motor Trend Head to Head kicked a M4s behind.
Because i like subaru, I would never get a camaro or really anything muscle. I bought this car with the intention on building and replacing everything once it broke. They have that specific sound and power i like n i love the pops.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Facebook may have a community that will help you make your car run worse, I'm not for certain.

All I know for certain is with that teen angst cannon you've got on there if you can't hear decel cackle your car is running extremely well and doing anything to change that is near psychotic.
And yeah I don’t wanna go psychotic, I don’t want it to be like a burble tune but I’d love afew on the demand pops for tunnels or showing off I don’t wanna melt my cats or turbo

·
11,586 Posts
The exhaust you have is as close to a delete as you can get as far as sound goes. If it's not doing it outside of putting an ignition cut I don't know how to help.

My 2011 would cackle like hell on deceleration until I got some intake leaks fixed and a proper tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The exhaust you have is as close to a delete as you can get as far as sound goes. If it's not doing it outside of putting an ignition cut I don't know how to help.

My 2011 would cackle like hell on deceleration until I got some intake leaks fixed and a proper tune.
Hoping to get a small tune to help with pops once i go catless and can actually bring the heat. Slight burble tune maybe, will slowly ruin the car but this is my funday car so what happens happens right

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This is why all three of my WRX's were purchased new.

·
11,586 Posts
That’s why you don’t own a dope ass blobeye. I don’t plan on selling this, plan on breaking it so i can build it meaner. Keep your stories to yourself thanks
You could buy a Camaro ss that demolishes the "dope ass blob eye" in every conceivable metric cheaper than it would cost to make the blobeye almost that fast.

It's obvious you are in over your head and are not aware of the easily 15k dollar price tag you are playing with just to repair your blown up crap and make it maybe "dope ass"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could buy a Camaro ss that demolishes the "dope ass blob eye" in every conceivable metric cheaper than it would cost to make the blobeye almost that fast.

It's obvious you are in over your head and are not aware of the easily 15k dollar price tag you are playing with just to repair your blown up crap and make it maybe "dope ass"
why tf would i want an ugly ass slow ass camaro?? I’d much rather spend double what a brand new ss is worth on my blobeye. Already smoke 9/10 V8s on the road with my almost stock wrx. “In over your head” nah you’re heads over the clouds. Move along clown

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Like you’re gonna tell someone on a wrx forum page to get a shitbox ss? Lmaoo riiight

·
11,586 Posts
why tf would i want an ugly ass slow ass camaro?? I’d much rather spend double what a brand new ss is worth on my blobeye. Already smoke 9/10 V8s on the road with my almost stock wrx. “In over your head” nah you’re heads over the clouds. Move along clown
Like you’re gonna tell someone on a wrx forum page to get a shitbox ss? Lmaoo riiight
Your not even a good troll.

This thread is getting locked to prevent others from taking the bare and flaming you into the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.