ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of changing my head gaskets. I got the right head bolted down and now I'm trying to install the intake and exhaust camshafts. Are they supposed to be installed in a certain position or does it not matter?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Do you have the factory manual? It specifies how to set the cams and how to rotate them in order to be correct.

·
29,234 Posts
OK good. I don't have it around but I know it specifies how to set down each cam, in terms of angles (degrees) and it distinguishes between left and right side. I was only doing the seals once but kept on reading out of morbid curiosity.

·
29,234 Posts
Trying to upload pg166 from the manual for a 2002 turbo 2,0L. MODEL YEARS WILL VARY SO LOOK ONLY AT YOUR SPECIFIC YEAR. Also, this isn't enough to get you out of the woods I think; hope you get the manual. This will give you an idea of the instructions involved but only a general idea.

View attachment 3 - DOHC Engine.pdf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When measuring degrees, am I going from the center of the block or the front of the cam shaft? one has to be set at 77 degrees and the other is 11. I have them set at the moment from measuring from the front of each shaft. But the illustration seems like its measured from the center of the head or block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts