Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a used 2016 WRX Base MT with only 20K and thus far I’ve identified the following modifications:

-cold air intake (or short)
-custom air box n filter
-sti exhaust system
-sti short shifter
-sti wing

I was able to pull the original documentation when the first owner bought it but haven’t been able to pull any additional documentation.

How would I identify any other changes, for example any tuning done to the vehicle like from Cobb, stage 1? If that’s even possible.

I ask this becuaSe I was considering putting work into the car, i.e. a Cobb stage 1 tune. I considered the stage 2 but the sti exhaust system would need to be replaced as it isn’t wide enough from the research I’ve done.

I’m pretty excited to own a wrx finally I’ve been wanting this car for years and finally found one I was happy with, so, any tips would be greatly appreciated I’m reading everything I can on the car and will continue reading in the forums.

·
Super Moderator
11,413 Posts
You would have to ask if the car has been tuned or comes with the accessport. The cobb off the shelf tunes do not support any intake but Cobb's. So if it is anything but cobb and it doesn't have a custom tune that isn't Cobb's walk away

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read about Cobb and their Cobb Intake for stage 1 and exhaust system for stage 2 being required as it’s mapped specifically to that. However I would beg to question if the intake I have was built to the same specifications as theirs then it wouldn’t matter much?

However, that being said, it’s the difference of a few hundred dollars and I wouldn’t want to ruin a car over that. So, yeah, I’d go with the Cobb intake if I do decide to go that route.

Another note, I did notice the sti short shifter isn’t as short as what’s offered on the market. From the videos I’ve seen the market ones are probably another couple inches shorter.

·
Super Moderator
11,413 Posts
The intake matters. It's been explained a lot so I won't rehash it all here.

A short shifter has less to do with the height, and more to do with the throw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts