ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im tired as hell and I have weight training in an hour, spent all my money last night and didnt go to the bank to grab some more. Anything I can whip up at home to give me some energy ?

kthnx.

Tom

·
Registered
898 Posts
Some sort of smoothie would work well. Anything with simple sugars. I like to mix fresh fruit, yogurt, a little milk ,and ice. Maybe stay away from the dairy that close to a workout.

Some of those pre-workout drinks work well, but they dont sustain too long. Ripped fuel will get you pretty amped. Blue thunder was crazy when ephedra (sp?) was still legal. That stuff would make you violent, which is great for workouts.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JRod said:
Some sort of smoothie would work well. Anything with simple sugars. I like to mix fresh fruit, yogurt, a little milk ,and ice. Maybe stay away from the dairy that close to a workout.

Some of those pre-workout drinks work well, but they dont sustain too long. Ripped fuel will get you pretty amped. Blue thunder was crazy when ephedra (sp?) was still legal. That stuff would make you violent, which is great for workouts.
I'll try the fruit and yogurt mixed with a little big of sugar

p.s. - I wouldn't touch anything containing ephedra with a 10 foot stick, I'll stick to redbull or something of that sort:)

·
Registered
427 Posts
isnt caffeene really bad for your muscles, but just makes you feel awake. which is what redbull does?

i use to drink one every morning b4 snowboarding cuz im not a morning person, but would get tired and ride like ****, replaced redbull with cerial and rode alot better.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It worked for me when I was playing basketball. One before practice and my defense drove people crazy.

·
Registered
898 Posts
DinoGuan said:
isnt caffeene really bad for your muscles, but just makes you feel awake. which is what redbull does?
Yeah, caffeine will dehydrate you if you drink too much. The real problem with drinking coffee before a workout is that you will probably poop your pants. :D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JRod said:
Yeah, caffeine will dehydrate you if you drink too much. The real problem with drinking coffee before a workout is that you will probably poop your pants. :D
bahhh! too late :mad:

j/k- yea i had a gatorade and that smootie ....i face to face the fact it's gonna 0wn m3 4nyw4y

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im off... thanks for the help guys , water, gatorade and the smootie i feel pretty good ( rushed typing)

thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
could try some bread... carbohydrates rock.... i use to eat nothing but pizza for lunch every day at school when i was in football and track... still got tired after the work outs but i had enough energy to where i really didn't need to breath to get power(yeah i know it sounds crazy, but i usually stop breathing during like a power lift or something)...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Doubleshot for me, man!!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I ride a desk 10-11 hours a day, so f--- the workout.

I may die early and fat, but I'll be driving my Rex when I die.

·
Registered
422 Posts
thedogmmm said:
Doubleshot for me, man!!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I ride a desk 10-11 hours a day, so f--- the workout.

I may die early and fat, but I'll be driving my Rex when I die.
hahah that is the coolest thing ive ever heard. (especially at 5:30 AM)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts