Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
yep needle nose tweezers work great,
just dont use a rag to wipe them off, you will end up bending those IC vents in a second!!!!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Bah....bug dry and crack quickly when they die....they'll eventually just fly away as dust, or get washed out with your repeated IC spraying.:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Try using a vacuum cleaner with the curtain attatchment (has a soft brush material surrounding the suction hole. Should work pretty well I think...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If you've never fiddled with the fins on your intercooler, you have no idea how soft the aluminum is. It is exceptionally soft.

A pressure washer would destroy the intercooler. I use water and a soft brush.

misterx

·
Registered
130 Posts
same, but different....

I'm interested in cleaning my intercooler, but not of bugs or leaves, ect.

I seem to have this blackish film that has been "growing" on my intercooler and I'm not sure what to clean it with. If I wipe my finger along the edges (the lip, not the fins) the stuff is almost like a stiff grease that's gotten dirty. As for the fins, I can't figure out what the "black stuff" is or what I should use to get it off. I've got some cirtus degreaser, but don't know if I should be spraying in on. Here are some pics of what i'm dealing with. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
130 Posts
one last one. You can see the smeared (sp?) part on the right
:confused: Thanks dude

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I used to own my motocross bike I had a metal pick set that I used to fix the fins on the radiator. It worked great and allowed me to fix any bent fins...I think I'm going to be getting a new set for my subie.

·
Registered
444 Posts
redwag said:
one last one. You can see the smeared (sp?) part on the right
:confused: Thanks dude
I've had the exact same thing except mine is a more even and smaller semicircle, only about 3 inches down on the right side and 2 inches down on the left side. I noticed it the day I got home from the dealer. Now mine is darker from winter road crap. I now also have a few pieces of sand/rocks in it. Anybody know if all-purpose cleaner or Simple Green is ok to use?

·
Registered
435 Posts
i've seen screen for the scoop on ebay, might be worth the couple of bucks in relation to damaging the fins

·
895 Posts
excuse me, but my DIY intercooler sprayer is made by Super Soaker ;)

i have two of those bottles mounted in the trunk :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts