ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 sti i would like to know the first steps to get to 400hp. currently i have a TBE and still has stock up pipe. Does anyone know if the up pipe is catless on a 2004 sti?

first i will get a Cobb AP to run stage 2 but would like a better direction from there i just want the next step after stage 2?

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
UP is catless. Is the TBE on it already???? You should have it flashed to stage 2 at the same time as having the downpipe on, otherwise you may not be running optimally.

You will need nothing short of an upgraded larger turbo, intercooler, supporting fuel system mods, etc.

You gotta do a lotta research and spend a lotta money for 400hp.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
how to get 400hp?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The question begs an answer though.. why does one need that much snot?

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
BTW OP are looking to be in around 400hp or 400Whp

·
Æternum
20,420 Posts
if you have a TBE and no tune, you're car might not make it to 400 hp...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car had the TBE when i got it.

as for why do i want 400hp why not... its my weekend car and want to beef her up a bit. AND i have a couple friends that are getting pretty serious with their hondas and i dont really plan on letting them getting ahead...

it would be nice to have 400whp but i know thats a big number to obtain so prob just 400hp.

i know after the AP stage 2 i will be around 350 but im looking for that extra 50.

and i am open to upgrading the turbo but that is a big step and i really dont want the FMIC due to i want my car to remain stock looking.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Shoot for 300whp to start. That might be plenty. It's all too easy to dream in numbers.

·
6,501 Posts
Peak numbers are so important. What dyno would you like your numbers on?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im trying to find a used AP on here i bought one for my wrx a while back just waiting for a deal to come up.

ya i argee i have to start at the bottom and work my way up.

as for dyno what do you mean im not that familiar with dyno?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
wvh187 said:
as for dyno what do you mean im not that familiar with dyno?
Dynamometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They all read differently, some higher than others. What makes 400whp on one dyno will make 350 on another.

If you tell us the dyno you're looking to hit your power goals with, we can likely tell you what you'll need to reach them.

·
Banned
6,622 Posts
the car had the TBE when i got it.

as for why do i want 400hp why not... its my weekend car and want to beef her up a bit. AND i have a couple friends that are getting pretty serious with their hondas and i dont really plan on letting them getting ahead...

it would be nice to have 400whp but i know thats a big number to obtain so prob just 400hp.

i know after the AP stage 2 i will be around 350 but im looking for that extra 50.

and i am open to upgrading the turbo but that is a big step and i really dont want the FMIC due to i want my car to remain stock looking.
You mean 400 hp right? Not 400 whp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay i get ya. i went to this tuner once to get my wrx tuned but i had something wrong with my ecu so it did not go thru but i cant remember what it was.

and yes i would be fine with 400hp not 400whp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey does anyone know if a COBB AP from a 2007 STI will work for 2004 it shows that they are the same part number just want to make sure b4 i buy it? AP-SUB-002?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Hey does anyone know if a COBB AP from a 2007 STI will work for 2004 it shows that they are the same part number just want to make sure b4 i buy it? AP-SUB-002?
Yes that should work.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes that should work.
No that won't work, sorry. Those AP's are designed for specific model years.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts