Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok happend 2 times yesterday night. weather is like 40-42 degrees outside. Warmer days never did it. the mods i have are gt spec header and uppipe, godspeed down pipe and perrin short ram intake.

Now what exactly involves porting the waste gate? i think this is the answer correct and does anyone have pictures on how to do this, or what shop does this porting

orrr should i get a bigger turbo? i dont want lag and something that has a little more umph and connects fine to the uppipe and downpipe. then again i think vf22 is the turbo to go with and you still have to port that one out again then i need to buy injectors and fuel pump correct.

The mods i want to do still is 3 inch turbo back and then get it tuned at vishnu. that would be it. the car is a everyday driver. any info would be appreciated guys

thanks

tony

·
Registered
111 Posts
A boost controller wont do anything (As boost creep is overpowering of the wastegate). My Blitz-SBC ID spec 3 boost controller helps, but doesnt stop boost creep. Allows you to monitor it nicely though.

Robert~

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its not boost creep guys check it out

ok in 4 5 6 floor it stays at like 15-15.5 psi it only happens when i get into the gear i see the needle jump to like 17.5. so is that boost creep also or boost spike??

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would just send the turbo out to deadbolt
that way you can complete your turbo back exhaust and not have to worry about boost creep or spiking :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was reading about this on nasioc the other day and it comes down to the volume of the air cavity inside the wastegate that can solve the problem. My question is, why would they design the outlet of the wastegate to flow more volume of air than the cavity inside can produce? In other words why would they design it so that porting the inside would allow more flow through the outlet. Why not design it like this at the prototyping stage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
all i have to say is jerry over at deadbolt is the muther f'in man!talk about customer service and quality! this is the best experience ive ever had dealing with something for my car.if u need your turbo ported and polished send it to jerry at deadbolt i promise u wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i talked to dan he said that extra porting is not necessary it really doesnt do anything. wastegate yes its important but the other stuff he said not really

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it isboost creep and hit fuel cut

4th gear flooring it to redline max it goes to is 16 psi

5th gear flooring it goes to 18 and i let off. so i know its boost creep now. ill do my exhaust then just lay off the car my buddy comes back in 2 weeks so i can store car at his shop

·
Registered
111 Posts
NORCAL STI said:
well it isboost creep and hit fuel cut

4th gear flooring it to redline max it goes to is 16 psi

5th gear flooring it goes to 18 and i let off. so i know its boost creep now. ill do my exhaust then just lay off the car my buddy comes back in 2 weeks so i can store car at his shop
Man.. even though my mechanic did a little, im getting it bad still. I'd floor it hard in 3rd (from 4XXX rpms) and it'd hit 17.8-9. *sigh*... I will see what he can do when i go back soon to get my springs and sways put in.

Robert~

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I STILL HAVE THE STOCK CAT BACK

the blitz touring is on its way.

im sure after that will be much worse. after porting the turbo i should be ok then vishnu tuning and im done. ill prob get rims and then get a bucket to drive everyday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts