ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this was talked about before in previous threads. Though I though it may help some people to get an idea how they may fit in some cars.

Luckily living in the tri-state area I get to make it to the NY auto show at the Javits Center. I already knew that I should not have a problem fitting into my new WRX getting a chance to sit in the car during previous auto shows. I also got to try out a few cars just for fun being 6'4 and climbing out of a Smart for two and Mini.

Anyway I'm coming from a 94 Firebird and even though it may look uncomfortable I was able to make sever road trips in that car with out any problem. I tried out the WRX today before I placed the order just in case. I have to move the seat all the way back but after I find that correct position of the steering wheel I know I fit. Also there was more then enough headroom.

What car do you have/had and how did you fit in them. Has anyone switch their seats and did it fit better/worse?

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I'm short at 5'6" so I fit in everything lol. Although I will say I like the seating position in my WRX better than in any other car I've owned (mostly Honda/Acura).

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
6'2" 330lbs fit fine in 02-07, great in 08+

my buddy is 6'8" and fits in 02-12 as well

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
6'0 250 lbs. My 06 has fit me perfectly from new. STi's on the other hand... bit of a squeeze on the sides from the seats, but otherwise fine.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm short at 5'6" so I fit in everything lol. Although I will say I like the seating position in my WRX better than in any other car I've owned (mostly Honda/Acura).
5'4" 140lb(on a bad day) for me =( Drive a 2005 WRX. Seat is at the 2nd/3rd notch closeted to to the steering at the highest position.
Only problem I have is occasionally the lower-mid back support, bulge, thing(For the life of me I cannot remember what thats called) can be a little uncomfortable, just occasionally. Sitting with a "perfect driver" position helps, so I'm always up right and ready to drive fast <--- not good, too tempting =(

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
5'6"ish [maybe 5'7"] 2006 wrx... no fitment issues lol

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
6'3" 245-255lbs

No issues

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
6'3" 180lbs. i fit just fine. seats all the way back cuz long legs but its a very comforabtle car. and how are u guys like 250lbs and 6'3 lol. i eat everything and workout and dont gain weight lol. id love to be over 200 but i guess since im 20 and have a crazy metabolism its just not happening now haha

·
Registered
719 Posts
Seriously some big dudes on here! I know where to go if I ever need personal security!

6'4" 208 as of this morning. I fit just fine :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm 6'4", mostly legs. With the seat back and all the way down (don't forget that adjustment!), I fit perfectly, with about 8" of headroom.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
yea i have my seat back and all the way down with the back part of the seat at a almost 90degree angle so i can be in a good driving postion and not laid back like a monkey

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I'm 5'9" ,190 lbs.No fitment issues here.I use the wrist joint on steering wheel method to adjust distance of the seat to the steering & there is a lot of space for my wife to sit right behind me.

Its not a limo but it has a lot more space that many other cars.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
5'11" and I fit perfectly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 6'1" 150lbs and I fit fine my 08. It did take me a little while to get used to all the head room though.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
6' 3" - plenty of space including enough headroom for a helmet.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I'm 5'11", and my johnson drags on the carpet if I have the seat too low.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts