ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a new study, the average vehicle in the USA is now a record 11.5 years old. Have you had your car or truck for over a decade?

·
2,549 Posts
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon Bought 2002, sold 2015, owned 13 years
2008 Subaru OUtback 2.5 XT Bought 2008, still own, owned 7 years
1958 MGA 1500 Roadster Bought 2000, still own, owned 15 years, age 57 years :)

[EDIT] I've also had my scooters 10, 9, 8, and 8 years, and my wife's car for 8 years

Steve

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
My '12 WRX is the first new car I ever owned. I leased a new '05 Frontier, but that doesn't really count.. biggest car related mistake I ever made BTW.
I've only owned my 2001 corvette for about a year, but it is 14 years old. I heard that study the other day and was thinking that I rarely see ~20 year old cars on the road.. but just reading Smorris' post, I forgot about all the classics that are still registered and on the road will help make the average older.

·
2,549 Posts
I heard that study the other day and was thinking that I rarely see ~20 year old cars on the road.. but just reading Smorris' post, I forgot about all the classics that are still registered and on the road will help make the average older.
There's a guy in our British car club that can't get vintage plated for his '60s Jaguar. Apparently, Ohio has a rule that your daily driver can't be older than the vintage car you're trying to get plates for, and his daily driver (and only other vehicle) is a '40s Ford pickup. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts