Just curious- I do mine once every 2 months, but its a FULL detail

wash
chamois
clean rims
tires
clean out crap of interior
vaccum interior
apply dressing to interior panels

I wax every month and every other month, i do a full perma plate (paint guard/ fabric guard/ vinyl guard).

·
Registered
659 Posts
Whenever it needs it. One day I might think the outside needs a bath, and go wash it. A few days later I may feel the need to tidy up the interior. Then another day clean the engine bay.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Usually, during the spring/summer/fall I'll wash when its needed or sometimes as much as once a week or so. But seeing as its winter now and its like 30 degrees out, the car won't be washed until prolly March unless we get some good weather sooner.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
BoostedBoxer said:
Just curious- I do mine once every 2 months, but its a FULL detail

wash
chamois
clean rims
tires
I do the same every 2 months. But up here, the water is full of crap, and it leaves stains on my windshield since it comes out of a well. SERIOUSLY. So I usually go to the Hand Car Wash every 2 months.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
whenever it is nice out and it needs it. usually once a month....sometimes more frequently.

once i'm up at school upstate NY, it totally turns to crap, and it makes me sad :( Poor baby.....:(

·
Registered
108 Posts
tips on cleaning engine bay..
and just use water?
sorry for stupid questions =X

G

·
i do quicky washes every week for all seasons except winter.

winter. i dont really clean my car much at all since it rains every other day...thusly taking away any reason to clean it since it will get dirty....tho the car is semi-clean cause it gets a rain-wash...which isnt too good for the car...

so basically every other week with once every 3 month full detailings. except on winter days.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Every 3 weeks at the least...not when it's snowing like it is right now though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not often enough...

It could use a good one right now, unfortunetly, as you can see in my other thread, I NEED TO PAINT MY CAR:mad:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Once a week during the 3 warmer seasons, more like every 2-3 weeks right now. I'm a bit anal about all the crap on my paint. ;)

I keep the interior spotless in mine, mostly because I have to commute 60 miles a day in it to work. (round trip) It would make me crazy to have to stare at a whole lot of crap for 2 hours a day.

Sadly, I don't think I wax it often enough. Probably once every 6 months or so. The car is garaged, however, so it doesn't get as much exposure to the elements. Paint still looks great after 2 years, unless you get close enough to see the rock chips on the hood and lip.:mad:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Once a week during the 3 warmer seasons, more like every 2-3 weeks right now. I'm a bit anal about all the crap on my paint. ;)
I am the same. In the summer I may wash it 2x a week because the parking spot that I have is right under a tree where all the f'in birds like to sit and sh!t all day. Sometimes there is bird sh!t on the car before I am done drying it. I should have asked for a shotgun for Christmas. :unhappy: :mad:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm a freak when it comes to clean cars. The car is always parked in the garage, or shop, and it is always perfectly clean. If I drive it, it is always on a nice day, but I have been caught in rain twice. After every time it is driven, it is pulled back into the shop and gone over with quick detailer to get any dust or bugs off, also a wet towell is used to clean the wheels, tires, and fenderwells. It is also zaino'ed at least once a month. It looks better now than when I first got it off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Once a week by hand as long as it is warm enough. When its cold outside still once a week but at the car wash.
The interior is spotless. I drive 75 miles a day back and forth to work. Sitting in filth would drive me crazy!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Dooley said:
no one answered my question yet... =(
I heard that Simple Green works well. Try a search. I know it has been discussed before.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Maybe once a week, or whenever I feel the need.

Engine Bay I do it by hand with simple green concentrate.

Right now I am in the process of cleaning the underbody :mad:

It is so damn dirty. Plus, I had the plastic skid plate off for a while and I went to my friends farm (gravel road, dirt) and so I got dirt all over my engine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Damm you guys. I had to wash mine 3 times last week. Those damm flurries. They usually pour 2 inches of salt per ever flurry that falls:mad:
I am anal when there is salt on my car and it looks like a white WRX instead of blue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts