Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
As you may know, I ordered the scoobysport stage 1+ from Ken at www.rallyperformance.com. I felt this system was what I am looking for in an exhaust while maintaining a 3rd cat and good but not too loud sound. So Lets see how this goes. 1/5 I got the invoice from Rally Performance. 1/6 early morning payment submitted. Okay, so how long do you think it takes to get here? Well, 8 days later I called him up inquiring about my order and also exhaust gaskets. No, for $1120 you don't get any gaskets. :confused1 And he also mentioned that "he was getting a few orders together and would ship them out on Friday". Folks, Friday was 10 days after I sent payment. This is just lazy. So I'm off at Ft. Carson waiting word from my parents as to if it came in. YESTERDAY 1/26 I wrote this message to him via e-mail.

Dear Ken,
It has been nearly 3 weeks since I submitted payment for the exhaust system, and still I have not gotten a tracking number or a package on my doorstep. I really had my doubts about spending this much money on an exhaust system, and I expected efficient service. But this just seems ridiculous. If I had not spent the last 3 weeks on Fort Carson doing field training, my patience would have run out long ago. Please tell me the status of my order ASAP. I passed over a lot of good choices to pick this, now I'm wondering if that was a good idea.

Sincerely,
Dan Kesterson

Well, he did respond promplty to my e-mail with this.

>Dan

We sent your shipment out last week by Fedex. We also should have sent
you a Tracking #. If you haven't received the shipment or tracking #
please reply. You should have the box soon.

Rally Perf.
And I replied with....

Ken,
If you read the e-mail I took the time to write you the first sentence says that I have not recieved a tracking number or a package. So yes, I need that.

-Dan

And finally the Fedex tracking number came after that latest E-mail. I think my tone started as professional and degraded from there as the craziness ensued.

Turns out it was shipped 1/22 and should arrive today.

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
That's pretty bad. A lot of these companies just don't have stuff in stock and they have to order it. That's normally fine, as long as they're honest and tell you how long it's going to be. Like when I ordered my Rotas from Subydude this summer. Right away he said they were on backorder and he was guessing 6 weeks, but he really didn't know. It turned out to be about 8 weeks I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmm...interesting. I had the same problem with them when I bought Morettes. I'm starting to think it wasn't an isolated incident.

They wouldn't answer their phone, the wouldn't reply to emails. Nearly 1 month later, my headlights arrived.

Rally Performance sucks. Period.

(not that I'm bitter, or anything)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well okay, lets see. On the 4rth of January he said that he had all the parts in stock ready to ship (16 days later??)

-He did answer e-mails promptly. I would usually e-mail in the evening and get a reply early the next morning. In fact, when I sent another e-mail in the morning, I had a reply to that one in 20 minutes. Also I did talk to him on the phone 2 weeks ago and he seemed like it wasn't a big deal to wait 10 days to ship the product out.

-I guess somehow my zip code got screwed up. I'm pretty sure that they entered it in wrong or something, because all the info came from Paypal and my address is verified through them (and I've never had problems with paypal purchases). So apparently since they screwed up the zip code they didn't ship for another week. I think he only ships once a week on Fridays and if it's cutting it close (like ordering on Thursday) it will go out next week. Yeah, I'll be avoiding that company in the future. If I am paying you boatloads of money you should at least act like you want to help me out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They probably did enter your zip wrong. You're probably lucky they entered it at all, seeing as Ken told me that "the new guy lost your order"....that was comforting.

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
When I ordered my tbe through world one, they had it shipped directly from TurboXS. That worked fine and dandy. So then I ordered, among many other things, an uppipe. These two orders were about 6 months apart, and more importantly, I'd moved. With world one I ended up setting up a new account because they'd done a new computer system and it was easier that way. But when they requested it shipped from TurboXS, apparently the guys just searched for my name, pulled the old address, and shipped it. Fortunately the people at my old address were home to say it was the wrong address, and I tracked the package.

Really, the rest of the day way UPS sucking. I had to drive to BFE during their very limited open times, and then I waited two hours (average wait time: 15 minutes).

Fedex Forever.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Rallyperformance has to be one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with.

keystah, I went through the same ordeal with Ken, except instead of 3 weeks it was 3 months. I was charged the money for the tbe and went back and forth with him. When he said that product was to be shipped to my house it hadn't even been shipped from the UK.

Awful customer service. I decided that I wanted to cancel my order after waiting 3 months when my credit card had been charged.

The only way I could get my money back was by having my credit card company go after them.

I will never buy another thing from that company as long as they exist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts