ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing open source tuning to my car friday at Dps these are the mods i have how much whp should i gain at 18 psi

bellmouth dp
cattless up pipe
cobb intake
cattback exhaust
modded injectors
walboro 255 fuel pump
turbo inlet pipe
and a street tune

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
65????

·
Registered
25 Posts
It can vary wildly. The biggest factor will the be the type of dyno that you're using. Mustang dynos read low. I think DynoJet and Dynapack are about the same, but I'm not exactly sure. I made 234awhp/244awtq on a DynoJet, and I don't have modded injectors, fuel pump, or turbo inlet pipe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
with your mods i would say you would be at about 215-230 awhp depending on the dyno. You are basically at stage 2 with supporting mods for stage 4. after you get an upgraded turbo and/or intercooler, you can expect 250-260whp (about 100whp more than stock). correct me if i'm wrong anyone. :thumbup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah im basicly setting my car up for a bigger turbo but ill keep it like that until i upgrade brakes suspension and exterior im trying to modd it the right way
oh yeah and Lgt gears

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
psychobooe you got some nice numbers there

·
Registered
473 Posts
thats good that you are upgrading brakes and suspensions. stock wrx brakes will not be able to handle a stage 4 wrx safely IMO.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anybody think ill be able to beat e46 m3, Evo MR and and STi

·
Registered
0 Posts
anybody think ill be able to beat e46 m3, Evo MR and and STi
how good of a driver are you ?
evo mr has the same amount of hp as a reg evo just an extra gear

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a 14 flat on a 1/4 mile with just upipe and cattback

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about an e46 m3

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Front mount
intake
downpipe
catless 3" exhaust
and tune

285awhp
:rotfl: and then you woke up...

thats basically a stage 2 and a front mount..is this on a 2.0??

In all seriousness, to the OP, you are gonna see probably 240-250 to the wheels with that setup

with your mods i would say you would be at about 215-230 awhp depending on the dyno. You are basically at stage 2 with supporting mods for stage 4. after you get an upgraded turbo and/or intercooler, you can expect 250-260whp (about 100whp more than stock). correct me if i'm wrong anyone. :thumbup:
vf39 275whp
small16g 285whp
td0618g/intercooler 300-310whp

thats basic ballparks for common turbo upgrades with supporting mods

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im all done putting parts on and street tuning it now im waiting on going to a dyno cause i bought a xbox 360 after tuning the car so now im broke:sadwave: but im going to a dyno mid december my tuner says i should be at 255whp at 17 psi or more

·
Registered
0 Posts
255 WHP seems kind of high to me but as stated above, it varies by car, the 2.0 is known not to put out tons of torque compared to the 2.5. But as most of us WRX owners know, torque is our enemy with these weak trannies. The shop who tuned my car limited my boost to 16psi due to intake temps being to high with a stock intercooler and that topped me off at 235AWHP. With up pipe he expected me to be at around 245 or so.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
plus 16psi puts ur stock injectors at like 94% at redline thats why i modded my injectors and fuel pump

·
Registered
0 Posts
thats true, its definitly possible but im just saying, i think 255 whp is kind of high but i would love to be proven wrong, and theres no doubt in my mind i will be. I have an up pipe for my wrx but im just either waiting to grow some balls and install it myself or save some money and have a shop do it and have it re-tuned, i was told i should get some pretty good gains from it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts