Discussion Starter #1
Here's my setup.
2003 WRX stock 2.0l
VF34
Sti pink injectors
TurboXS TMIC
Helix TBE
Cobb AP V.1

I bought this car a few months ago and it's been @16psi. Now after fixing two boost leaks my boost is up to 20psi. Is that safe for this setup?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first one I found was where the bpv bolts to the intercooler. For some reason there was no gasket in between them. :confused:

The other one was at the intercooler tube at the front that connects the intercooler and intake. The clamp closer to intake had slipped off at the bottom and alot of air was escaping from there.

Good luck finding your leak. I know how tough it can be.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Here's my setup.
2003 WRX stock 2.0l
VF34
Sti pink injectors
TurboXS TMIC
Helix TBE
Cobb AP V.1

I bought this car a few months ago and it's been @16psi. Now after fixing two boost leaks my boost is up to 20psi. Is that safe for this setup?
What map are you running? Check the map notes to see how much boost is recommended. DO NOT RUN MORE THAN THE MAP SPECIFIES.

I'm running 20psi on a vf34, but I am tuned for it with a protuned map.

·
Registered
0 Posts
look at the map notes as stated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The map notes say I should be @16.5 or so. I don't know why my boost is so high now. Well, I only let it boost that high one time. I haven't driven it since. I'm going to get it protuned soon, but until then I'll have to figure out how to lower the boost. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Which restrictor pill are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts