ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i kinda sorta introduced myself in the new members part a few weeks ago saying i was going to be getting a wrx and just had a few questions. But i finally got the wrx and its a blast to drive!
But after taking it to a subi meet, and some people subi owners checking the car out, they said the amount of psi i'm pushing is to much for the stock downpipe.
I bought the car with a turboback exhaust, intake, and a tune with the turbo spooling about 17 psi
I'm completely new to subis as my last car was a little piece of **** econ car, so im still learning a bunch of stuff, but the guys at the meet recommended i get downpipe. Do you guys agree?
Thanks for any help =)

Btw sorry if this has already been talked about, i tried using the search button but didn't find anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the guy i bought it from told me he THOUGHT it was a turboback... even though he bought the exhaust, and to top that off he didnt know what brand his intake was even though it says it right there when you pop the hood so hes kinda an idiot there haha
and its an 07 wrx haha sorry

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
The down pipe is not limited by boost pressure. There are issues with boost creep for example but that is not what it sounds like you are asking.

A down pipe will likely increase your output though, if your mapping accommodates it, so I can only guess that is what the other owners meant.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Take a picture of your intake. Take a picture from the front passenger tire looking down from the turbo.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
17 psi is too much for the stock DP, yes. Did the people at the meet confirm that you have a stock downpipe?

The intake sounds questionable as well. Do you have any information on who tuned it?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
mycologist said:
17 psi is too much for the stock DP, yes. Did the people at the meet confirm that you have a stock downpipe?

The intake sounds questionable as well. Do you have any information on who tuned it?
I know quite a few tuners who will tune the car for 17 @ StageI. Grant it, they're datalogging and making adjustments to timing/fueling, but boost isn't the only concern in this equation...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts