Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a leak the other day under teh car...jacked it up today and there is a lot of oil on the drivers side of the tranny, which is coming from the intercooler ducting, meaning oil in the intercooler.

I"m not sure how long its been dripping, but now its to the point of a few drops under the car on the floor in the garage.

I pulled the BOV (stock) and noticed there is a very small amount of oil in the intercooler, which i understand to be somewhat "normal" even on stock cars

my mods are:

unichip (stage 2 turboXS)
turboback exhaust
uppipe
high flow air filter

pics are here:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316195

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes some oil is ok, I have some in the intercooler Y hose, both the stock one and my samco's have oil in them. But if its at the point that its leaking out then maybe you should make sure everything is sealed corectly. Also I have never seen oil around the BOV, so something else might be wrong, sorry I don't have more help then that.

edit. just saw your pics. that deffinetly is more oil then their should be leaking our of your intercooler. might want to get that looked at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KanosWRX said:
Yes some oil is ok, I have some in the intercooler Y hose, both the stock one and my samco's have oil in them. But if its at the point that its leaking out then maybe you should make sure everything is sealed corectly. Also I have never seen oil around the BOV, so something else might be wrong, sorry I don't have more help then that.

edit. just saw your pics. that deffinetly is more oil then their should be leaking our of your intercooler. might want to get that looked at.
:( :( :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of oil! Have you ever had the intercooler inlet pipe off before? Did you re-use the gaskets? I've never had that much oil come out of my i/c! Might just be bad gaskets on the inlet pipe surfaces though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts