ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys?

How much wheel HP can the US spec EJ20 internals support? I'm talking about HP limits on components such as the rods, pistons, and crank. How much wheel HP can the stock fuel system support? stock turbo?

Thanks in advance.

later,

Dale

·
Registered
255 Posts
god you think our stock block can only take 400hp at the fly? or do you mean internals(pistons,crank,rods etc) it seems like the block should be able to take more then that. i dont know, it just seems like most well made japanese blocks can take up more then 400hp maybe im wrong. if it cant take that much what would you recommend going to a semi closed deck, fully closed deck or just new beefier sleeves? if you want about 400hp at the wheels.
thanks

·
4,769 Posts
I think I'm being safe and saying 400 HP at the flywheel. The SR20-DET also is around that number before blockwork is necessary. It might be good for a little more than that but in all honesty you need a huge turbo to get over 400 HP as well as a big fuel system and stand alone ECU. If you have the money for all that, new pistons and rods shouldn't be a problem or you can use a Toda 2.2 liter kit and stroke it out for more torque and quicker spool up. I don't think pinning or closing the block is really necessary and the crank is no problem for up to 600 HP+. I'd pin it maybe just due to little added cost over the standard blueprinting/balancing/machining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts