Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to today's unfortunate drive I will be needing a new one for the WRX. I don't know if I should blame the RE92s or me, probably both. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Front Bumper Cost

Just checked my estimate. Expenses for the OEM Subaru Bumper Cover are as follows:

Bumper Cover = $179.95
Paint = 2.6 (hours of labor ?)
Add for Clear Coat = 1.0 (hours of labor ?)

If you have a friend with a body shop (or connection) you can cut your cost. My dealer is replacing my front bumper, and their cost for the cover was ~$100.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Curtis

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:
GV27, can you explain in stupid people talk what your saying?
Sorry Nick, I don't speak "stupid people talk". I'll try to explain in English anyway.

Derek said:

"I don't know if I should blame the RE92s or me"

To which I answered:

"Yourself"

Meaning him. He should blame himself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help guys. After I went back and looked at the skids I left I did realize that it was all my fault. The tires were a little different than they were when I drove the car before this incident, I lowered the pressure from 40 psi all around-the way they came from the dealer- to the recommended pressure. It was not driven hard at all untill I spun. They did feel different. the handling was not the same as it was before, still, no excuse. It was all me that caused it, but I think I can say that the tires did not help. I posted this question probably thirty minutes after it happened so at that point I did not really know what I did. I should not have even mentioned the tires, I don't know why I did at all now that I think about it. The important thing is that I know what I did wrong now and will never make the same mistake, hopefully. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
That's cool. You know what you did wrong. Asking if the tire pressures would change the handling is a valid question. It does. It's just too bad you didn't think to ask the question before your light shunt.

Chris

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:

Well was he driving and it fell off? :confused:
WHY on earth would he blame the tires for his bumper falling off while driving? think here, okay? he hit something, and he wants to blame the tires for having poor traction. THINK before you post.

dR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts