ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to get a 2011/2012 wrx in the fall of 2012... :tongue: I was wondering how much it would cost.. I'd like to know the materials I would need and the approx prices for it.. so I can start saving up for it. Dont know much about cars just yet obviously.. thanks :)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Doing it right you could be in it about 800-1500 depending on the brands you go with. Your going to need struts/springs and if you want coilovers your in the 1100-4800 price range.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Prices will vary depending on what you want.

Minimum: springs / alignment. The struts will likely wear out faster, so expect to do them down the road, at which point, you'll need another alignment; the more performance-oriented the springs, the faster your struts will need replacement.

Moderate: springs / struts / alignment. This would be the best route to take with cost / ride quality in mind.

DD Performance: struts / springs / camber plates (F) / tophats (R) / camber bolts (R) / alignment. This will give you the best setup for street driving, and some motorsport use, but raises the budget. The camber plates / bolts will allow for more adjustability in your alignment.

Looks, performance be damned: "cheap" coilovers / alignment. You can slam the car and adjust ride height at will, with each adjustment requiring a new alignment. The cheap coilovers will not offer a less than ideal ride comfort, and the quality of parts will not meet the performance of a quality strut / spring setup. Coilovers may or may not come with camber plates / tophats, so they may be needed as well.

Motorsport performance: $2K+ coilovers / alignment. While not offering as harsh a ride as the cheap coilovers, they will not meet the comfort of a quality strut / spring setup for DD vehicles. They will likely outperform a quality strut / spring setup in motorsport settings, when paired with appropriate other parts (e.g., tires, brakes, etc.). Coilovers may or may not come with camber plates / tophats, so they may be needed as well.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why? It is perfect the way it is. Large speed bumps and curbs are already higher

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
^^^ this

Before you decide what you're going to change on the car, it would be smart to actually drive it for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts