ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I paid just north of $35k for my 05 STi. It had a sticker of $32k+ with a $3k "market adjustment". Haggled for two hours, bless their pointed little hearts - they didn't budge. "Too much demand for this" and "Someone else will pay $35k for it if you don't". I'm happy none the less

·
Registered
13 Posts
that's actually not too bad of a drop for a year old; about a 13% depreciation (assuming the retail last year was $32k). how many miles were on it when you purchased?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just search the inventories of all the local (50 miles) dealers and ask for online quotes from the ones that have the color you want. I got my 05 two weeks ago for $1500 off sticker and got them to throw in a armrest ext. I feel bad for suckers that are paying over sticker price. If a dealer told me that I would laugh in his face and go to the next dealer.

Bottome line if they dont knock off at least $1200 walk away!
These are not in that much demand anymore. They will be making alot more of them this year and how many people can plob down $30K+ for a rice burner. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
im looking for 05 sti also.
i think the interior looks a lot better on 05s. Its always best to get the latest year on same car.
However, the dealer in palm springs has two STIs and they said that nobody buys it. So i was thinking it would be better for me to go to that dealer and try to bring the price down a bit.
The sticker is 32000$ but i think i can get away with 32000$ with tax and lic.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
352 Posts
snobnd said:
that's actually not too bad of a drop for a year old; about a 13% depreciation (assuming the retail last year was $32k). how many miles were on it when you purchased?
My 04 was new when i got it for 28100

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just ordered an 05 with dimming mirror and upgraded secutiry for just over $31,000. And they are also getting me a wingless trunk and doing the swap before I pick it up included in that price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts