ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have purchased a Cobb turbo-back system with a view to mod my 02 wrx. I have the Cobb engine management do-hickey to take it to stage two. My question is will I blow up the turbo on a 9 year old car if I increase the boost as recommended?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Welcome...

You should be okay, cobb is a proven brand... I personally would be more concerned with the health of your engine (not to say it isn't safe) but depending on the overall health of the engine... Did you have the car inspected prior to your purchase with a compression and leakdown test? If no then I'd suggest to have it done and if all checks out, then mod away...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,475 Posts
Yes the stock Mitsubishi turbos have proven solid as far as I can work out, and with established commercial maps I too would worry more about the motor than the turbo itself -- if for no other reason than that the turbo is a few hundred dollars, the motor a few thousand.

In general though, a well maintained car should not be "old" at nine years in the 21st century. We just can't go on accepting things like that. Cars have had over a century of evolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts