ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what peak boost you guys are hitting in stage 1. I got my Accessport a couple of days ago and I have about 200 miles since the reflash with a lot of WOT runs. Car feels stronger from 2nd gear and up. My max so far is 14.1 psi in 3rd and 4th (holds 13.5-14. for a while). I have an 03 wrx and I'm runnin stage 1 91 as my base map. Wondering if my boost will go up a bit more. Am I close enough to the target boost Cobb claims for stage 1?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
nickster said:
Just wondering what peak boost you guys are hitting in stage 1. I got my Accessport a couple of days ago and I have about 200 miles since the reflash with a lot of WOT runs. Car feels stronger from 2nd gear and up. My max so far is 14.1 psi in 3rd and 4th (holds 13.5-14. for a while). I have an 03 wrx and I'm runnin stage 1 91 as my base map. Wondering if my boost will go up a bit more. Am I close enough to the target boost Cobb claims for stage 1?
As of install yesterday.........

I am hitting 14.7psi on the A/P gauge max, Stage1-93oct in 3rd,4,5....

I was hittin 1 bar stock (and it is accurate according to the A/P readout):confused:

Maybe just needs time to learn, If mine dosent increase to target (15.8-16psi) I will check with Cobb.

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Re: Re: How much boost are you guys making with AP stage 1

ShotgunTC88 said:
As of install yesterday.........

I am hitting 14.7psi on the A/P gauge max, Stage1-93oct in 3rd,4,5....

I was hittin 1 bar stock (and it is accurate according to the A/P readout):confused:

Maybe just needs time to learn, If mine dosent increase to target (15.8-16psi) I will check with Cobb.

Shotgun
Update...

Tonite I was seeing 15psi.

We will see if it hits target

SHotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
nickster said:
15.8-16psi is target boost in stage1 for a wrx? I think you are already hitting target at 14.7psi. Unless you are runnin stage 2? Let me know.
Yea, Its gettin close......

Im gonna run Stage1 for awhile to see how it acts before going to 2.

So far Stage1 is like night and day!!!

I will keep ya informed.

Shotgun

edit: I wasnt aware that Stage1 target was 14.7?

Then I must be doing o.k so far.

Thanks

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I ran:

Stage 1:14.7psi or very close...
Stage 2:16.0psi
VF34 reflash: So far, around 16.6psi

All are right around target.

·
48,699 Posts
nickster said:
Hit a best of 14.3 psi in 5th today and it was hot out. I'll run it again tonight when its a little colder out.
It'll get stronger as your ECU learns. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got my AP one week ago and flashed Stage 2 93 octane. It doesnt feel any stronger than what I had before (Stage 1 flash w/ stage 2 hardware). I thought it would improve after some learning but its still only hitting 14.0 in 3rd. Should I give it more time?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
bootin at 13.5 in 3rd w/n 20 min of flashing stage1 93oct.

waiting to see as it learns..

also its raining and been ****ty out so i havent really gone wild with the car in 2 days.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ervv173 said:
I got my AP one week ago and flashed Stage 2 93 octane. It doesnt feel any stronger than what I had before (Stage 1 flash w/ stage 2 hardware). I thought it would improve after some learning but its still only hitting 14.0 in 3rd. Should I give it more time?
Give it a little more time and see what happens. However, you're about 2 psi off target and I don't know if your ecu is capable of learning that much. If your boost doesn't go up within the next week I'd give Cobb a call.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you guys reading this off your gauges or off of the AP? I heard that a lot of readings on gauges were different from the AP, especially on the Subaru gauges. I would think the AP would be more accurate since it reads what your ecu is reading or it's at least a more consistent comparison for AP boost readings among AP owners.

·
48,699 Posts
I'm reading off of an HKS large-face gauge. I have no reason to believe it's inaccurate. It would be interesting to stick the AP in the car and compare.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts