Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've gotten pulled over for speeding 4 times in my wrx. and i've gotten away with warnings 4 times.

:D

maybe owning a wagon helps.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've gotten pulled over twice since I've had my rex. First was 7 days after I got my WRX for 47 in a 30(damn 2nd gear)! Got a ticket...
Second, my rental car (white sunfire) while my car was in the shop. 76 in a 65! warning...

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
1- speeding 55 in a 30, warning :D
2- my blackouts on my mnustang, front and back $9 dollar fine, yes $9, 4 to the po po, 5 to the county court
3- expired tag - $46 fine

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
3 times with my plymouth acclaim, 1 time with my wrx, 1 time with my moms town and country minivan...funny thats the only one i got a ticket for. Then 1 time for a tailight out on my acclaim, and once for my headlight out on my wrx. Thats it i think

·
Registered
178 Posts
Only once in the 2 years I had my Rex.

Just picked it up from Sydney, and driving it home (Canberra - 260km trip). So the dealer got me a permit, as I had to get the car registered in Canberra, so I had no number plate.

A police followed on my tail for at least 5-10km, just before the freeway, he pulls me over, and ask me "you know you have no number plate", I said "yes", but I've got the permit that allows me to drive it back to Canberra. He looks over the whole car, and tells me how great looking the car is and to have a nice day.

He was cool though, no one of those arrogant officer you hear about all the time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
None in the Rex. Knock on wood. Once followed very closely by an angry statie for a couple miles after pulling 40 around a turn (it had a green arrow!).

Before the Rex: 22 times. Two tickets. One for red light, one for driving too fast for the driving conditions (doing 80 in the rain on 95).

I used to get pulled over all the time in South Fla. Never for a good reason. I got things like "I don't need a reason to pull you over", "Driving through a residential area" (didn't know that was wrong), "You looked liked someone else".

·
Registered
456 Posts
just once......thats all it takes.......133 in a 70..........say no more.......say hello to a new passport 8500 and m10 Twin from US Blinder.....stealth now.........but absolutely no more crazy speeds.......
DML

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
pulled over 3 times.

2 warnings

1 ticket

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
DarkMoonLord said:
just once......thats all it takes.......133 in a 70..........say no more.......say hello to a new passport 8500 and m10 Twin from US Blinder.....stealth now.........but absolutely no more crazy speeds.......
DML
133 in 70, what was your penalty for that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
shoulda been at least a night in jail. damn. did that once in the sc mr2 until i started to feel shimmy. luckily no po po around. i gotta know what the man gave you as a fine.

been running around with my friend's 7500 until my new unit comes in. can't keep off the gas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I honestly dont know yet......
Car Impound Fee - 239
Lawyer Fee - 1000

3 hours in jail......released on my own recognizance

booking fee - 10

My lawyer has backed up the court date indefinitely so the judge a prosecutor have time to let it cool down a bit......then he said he could plea bargain it down to a speeding ticket from reckless driving......

hey, i made a mistake....there was a drunk on my tail, he lamost hit me at about 75.......i should have pulled over and let him go, but i had an appt in seattle and was running a touch behind so i thought id just get him off my tail........no kidding as soon as i stepped off the gas the cop nailed me.....just a combination of a bad decision, a bad day and a horrid string of luck continuing.......
DML

·
Registered
59 Posts
damn, sorry to hear that. hurts, i'm sure.

that's why i've got the detector on order. just a tool, but a helpful one.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
DarkMoonLord said:
I honestly dont know yet......
Car Impound Fee - 239
Lawyer Fee - 1000

3 hours in jail......released on my own recognizance

booking fee - 10

My lawyer has backed up the court date indefinitely so the judge a prosecutor have time to let it cool down a bit......then he said he could plea bargain it down to a speeding ticket from reckless driving......

hey, i made a mistake....there was a drunk on my tail, he lamost hit me at about 75.......i should have pulled over and let him go, but i had an appt in seattle and was running a touch behind so i thought id just get him off my tail........no kidding as soon as i stepped off the gas the cop nailed me.....just a combination of a bad decision, a bad day and a horrid string of luck continuing.......
DML
that really sucks, sure slowin down and letting him go would be the smarter thing, (not flaming) but in those situations where your frusterated and late it is very hard to "let cooler heads prevail" i probaby would have done a similar thing. i wish ya the best. did they catch the drunk?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sometimes the slowing down for the drunk is a catch 22 as some drunks are sooooo plastered they concentrate on your lights. So maybe just a little extra speed and then pulling over to one side, then of course turning off your lights.

I wonder if that is a good defense? Yeah, the guy kept getting behind me everytime I tried to switch lanes and slow down.. what was I supposed to do?

·
Registered
456 Posts
problem is......the state trooper that pulled me over didnt want to hear about it........all he wanted to do was lock me up!!!
I do have a witness, a friend was in my car and will testify if need.......
bottom line is i WAS speeding....was it RECKLESS?
The DA will argue that anything at that speed is .....
i wasnt weaving, didnt even change lanes .....and i didnt sustain that speed for long.......
will it matter??? i hope so but think not......i will be happy if we can just get it down to a speeder.....im hoping for better, but i am a realist.......
DML

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 warning going 55 in a 40 2 days after i got my car. Whats funny is the cop didn't even pull me over till after i stopped at a light with him behind me. I was fooling around with the windows and radio since i had less then 100 mils on the car. I was so nervous when he pulled me over i stalled my car out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
How do you get out of it!?

Every time I get pulled over I get a ticket! No matter what I say or what I do. I'm not a jerk to police in any way. I must just have a face that says "Give him a ticket". Either that or Washington Cops are just jerks.

I haven't paid a ticket in about 4 years, but I've had a lawyer every time. That gets expensive but it's better than 3 years of higher insurance.

Pulled over 7 times all for speeding (1 time in WRX, 6 times in my old Nos'd out GSR)

7 Tickets Recieved

0 Tickets Paid

;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cranium said:

Before the Rex: 22 times. Two tickets. One for red light, one for driving too fast for the driving conditions (doing 80 in the rain on 95).

I used to get pulled over all the time in South Fla. Never for a good reason. I got things like "I don't need a reason to pull you over", "Driving through a residential area" (didn't know that was wrong), "You looked liked someone else".
man, you're either extremely unlucky (cop magnet) or extremely lucky (only 2 tickets for 22 times pulled over!) - i can't decide.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: How do you get out of it!?

koji said:
Every time I get pulled over I get a ticket! No matter what I say or what I do. I'm not a jerk to police in any way. I must just have a face that says "Give him a ticket". Either that or Washington Cops are just jerks.

i bet you it's the car. that's why i'm gonna keep mine as stock looking as possible.;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts