Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what octane you using? sedan or wagon, i tried a search and it didnt turn up much... how much you get before the light comes on

·
Registered
499 Posts
240 most of the time, 300 if its highway. I'm a leadfoot, I like hearing the turbo sing, and I don't pay attention to speed-limits most of the time(lotsa backroad bombing). Yer mileage will get better as you break it in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
brembo said:
240 most of the time, 300 if its highway. I'm a leadfoot, I like hearing the turbo sing, and I don't pay attention to speed-limits most of the time(lotsa backroad bombing). Yer mileage will get better as you break it in.
Guess I haven't broken mine in yet... 4500K miles too. I laugh whenever I see the MPG ratings for the WRX. They should put a disclaimer on there:

"Requires keeping car under 3000 rpm. Turbo? What turbo!"

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I can get around 340 before the light comes on if I'm on the highway. City usually gets me 280 or so and I'm not lightfooted. Especially now that my car is loud :D

Always use premium fuel!

·
Registered
108 Posts
ive gone 240 miles without the light coming on (highway driving). since ive had my car i havnt pushed it that far to get the gas light to come on. I usually fill up after about 200 miles with 93 octance. i usually have about 5 gallons left when refilling.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got like 320 right now and the needle is a little below the 1/4 line. is it even the 1/4 line? proportionally it doesnt look like it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You'll come to notice that it stays at full and doesn't move at all for a while, when it gets to half it seems to go a lot faster then at quarter forget about it, you'll go through that in like 20 miles.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My max was 320 (340 when I filled up) but nowadays it's coming on at 250-280.

Vostok 7

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just filled it up, light went on at 330, dont have my owners manual in front of me, how big is the fuel tank?, what kinda mpg is that?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
15.9 gallons. To get fuel economy, just divide the number of miles you drove by the number of gallons it took to refill the tank.

337miles/13.492gallons= 24.98 mpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Filled up this morning when the car started cutting on me.

15 gallons, 235 miles, all city driving.

15.67 mpg. :eek:

I've gotten about 23 mpg on highway trips at 80-85mph, though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's not a good idea to run it down to almost empty. Your fuel filters will clog very quickly if you do this frequently.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I get 250-275 city and 300-330 on the highway. I fill it up just before the light goes on or just after the light goes on. You have 2 gallons left in the tank when the light goes on FYI, so I am averaging about 275 miles per tank on about 14 gallons of gas, which puts me right around 20mpg, which is decent because I drive my car pretty hard, especially since I got my up-pipe installed :D

-joe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts