Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I just picked up my brand new, semi-used WRX yesterday. It is 3 months old, but I got it from a private party. The owner gave me two keys, one with black plastic on it, and one remote. Looking at the book, it says that you get three keys ( a valet key ) and two remotes....is this what everyone else got? He claimed that he only got one remote from the dealer, I didn't think to ask about the third key.

Since we live in the same area, I am hoping my fears are not correct. Any advice?

Karl

------------------------
Stock Red Rex

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got three keys for my car. one with the plastic, one without the plastic, and one valet key. i also got two remotes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
3 keys...

1 master with plastic...
1 without plastic...
1 valet key...which is actually bigger than the other master

2 remotes...

1 key badge (that little metal thingy with a number in case you lose your keys and need Subaru to make you some new ones)

·
Registered
400 Posts
jemeisterman said:
3 keys...

1 master with plastic...
1 without plastic...

2 remotes...

1 key badge (that little metal thingy with a number in case you lose your keys and need Subaru to make you some new ones)
Same

·
Registered
19 Posts
jemeisterman said:
3 keys...

1 master with plastic...
1 without plastic...

2 remotes...

same here

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have heard that some people make a copy of their keys before they sell their cars. Then later they steal it back. You can get the locks redone to fit a different key.

·
Registered
8 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jemeisterman
3 keys...

1 master with plastic...
1 without plastic...

2 remotes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
same here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts