Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted 4: Uppipe, Downpipe, and 2 prior to the muffler. What gives? This exhaust system is the EPA's wet dream. I think the only thing more restrictive would be a 1/4 inch exhaust pipe that was welded shut at the end. :mad:

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
only three.

uppipe, and two on the d-pipe.

still a EPA wet dream. we pass the sniffer with only one on the DP though (according to the testamonials on this site) so go ahead and ditch 'em!! ;)

dR

·
Registered
242 Posts
The two I have remaining are going bye-bye this weekend.:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine are all gone, but let me warn you guys...the smell is very noticeable. It smells toxic and when I'm driving in my parking garage or parking my car in my own garage, I have to put the windows up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How are you dealing with the computer throwing codes as it detects the
cat(s) are gone? Ignore the idiot light? unplug the idiot light?;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
All you need to do is splice in a MIL eliminator from Pony Express and no more CELs!

·
Registered
30 Posts
does that MIL eliminator delete just the codes relative to the cats or all CELs? May sound like a stupid question, I know. sorry.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Only the codes affiliated with that particular O2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Flyboy said:
All you need to do is splice in a MIL eliminator from Pony Express and no more CELs!
Hey what exactly was necessary for the MIL eliminator anyway? What do you splice into and where does it go? Is it hard to do?

·
Registered
242 Posts
It looks pretty simple according to the instructions on Pony Express' website. You simply cut the two wires that connect to your O2 sensor and splice the MIL eliminator in. When your done just secure the wire with cable ties.

http://www.ponyexpressperformance.com/WMILinstall.html

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
dark_rex said:
only three.

uppipe, and two on the d-pipe.

dR
So what you're saying is that if, hypothetically, I get a Godspeed up and downpipes I will have no more cats? If so, what can I do to keep only one, and have that one not be the one in the uppipe? See, my goal is to keep one for the sake of emissions. Thanks in advance.

Fahd

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can get a high-flow cat AFTER the downpipe... but that means some special fabrication (not too big of a deal). Just don't spend $500 or some ridiculous amount on a catback...

oh wait... that's how much they charge for them :rolleyes:

Get a decent muffler for $150 and get a custom catback. Shouldn't cost you anywhere near what these jokers charge for this stuff.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
You know what, screw the EPA...there I said it. I'm not spending any more cash to meet their guidelines. When it comes time to getting my emissions testing, I'll just reinstall the DP.

·
Registered
166 Posts
WRXin' said:
You know what, screw the EPA...there I said it. I'm not spending any more cash to meet their guidelines. When it comes time to getting my emissions testing, I'll just reinstall the DP.
That's what I was thinking... but... it really isn't about the EPA. A cat (ONE cat... NOT THREE) is probably a good thing... so drive aruond catless for a little while... but when you can, put a high-flow on... you'll have less of a cat-back to buy anyways... and it's good for the air...

[Hugs a tree] ... and Mr. Tree appreciates it too... ;)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
HAHAHA...that's hillarious gryphon. I'll do it, even if it's only for Mr. Tree:).

Fahd

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
One last question on this topic...does anyone know of an after market DP with one hi flow cat? Thanks again.

Fahd

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Disregard that last question...I found out that Stromung has one. But I'm a little confused about something this website shows http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/exhaustw.htm a straight pipe labeled as the third cat elimenator. Does that mean that we actually have four cats or what:confused::confused::confused:? Or is the DP two pieces?

·
Registered
166 Posts
DP is two pieces...

so it's (in terms of exhaust pieces):

driver's side exhaust manifold to crosspipe to passenger side manifold to uppipe to turbo to downpipe to cat pipe to midpipe to axle-back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts