Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a catless Scooby Sport Exhaust..
Anyone can say say something about it???
Is it very loud??Like,,compare to another brand,,
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn Tuca, you do throw caution to the wind. I have been listeing to sound files on all the exhausts I was interested in for about a month before I made a decision. You go and buy an exhausst without even hearing it.:eek:

Click this link:
http://www.rallyperformance.com/engine.htm

When the page opens, it plays a sound file of the Scooby. I think that it is a pretty loud exhaust, but you be the judge.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought this back to topic cause i think when i was researching this the answers were not clear..
Some people claim the Scooby Sport is not loud at all..They say that at iddle is very smooth ,,but louder at WOT..
I have a DB meter so i can measure my stock exhaust and i will measure the Scooby Sport as i get it in my car =)
I have done a lot of search but i finally got the Scooby Sport because i live in Brazil,,the Exhaust is very expensive,,and a friend of mine had one installed at his 2001 Sedan WRX and he will sell me out very cheap =)
Thats why i bought it..
Why some people say the Scooby Sport is not close as loud as the Blitz,,Skunk2,BPM,HKS..
Wich oen of those of the good ones is quieter???
I really dont think the SS is this loud if its not at full throtle..
Thanks
TUca
Platinum i trust you a lot,,but do you think its that loud??

·
Registered
416 Posts
at first it doesn't seem that loud, but it definately gets louder after some miles. i love it though, its not obnoxious, but it's definately noticeable :D
sounds sooooo good...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dunno what everyones smokin that claims its loud :p Its got a nice tone but I would never say it was too loud.

My Blitz is loud though.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
I'm running the ScoobySport muffler and it has a great tone. Loud, hell I don't know (or care) it sounds great!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why some people claim the Scooby sport is VERY LOUD??
Thanks
TUca

·
Registered
175 Posts
tuca33 said:
Why some people claim the Scooby sport is VERY LOUD??
Thanks
TUca
Tuca,

Did you follow that link I provided and listen to the sound file? If you did then you have an idea of what the exhaust sounds like. I would suggest that you try to find a WRX club in your area. Surely there is someone there who has the exhaust so you can listen to it firsthand.

But really, what does it matter if you find out what it sounds like now? You are going to get it for what sounds like a good deal. Just put the exhaust on your car and try it out. If you don't like it you can just do what your friend did - sell it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
neurotic said:
I dunno what everyones smokin that claims its loud :p Its got a nice tone but I would never say it was too loud.

My Blitz is loud though.
Perceptions of loudness has nothing to do with ingesting drugs and everything to do with subjective opinion.

If I am deaf, then none of these exhausts are loud to me. If I am trying to keep my car from getting pulled over and ticketed, then I have to be worried about what the authorities consider loud.

The only objective measurement of loudness is db measurements done at a consistent distance from the pipe, like what was done in Turbo mag. Other than comparing objective measurements of volume, any discussion of what is loud or not is only like arguing over what color a person likes, "I like blue." "Well, I like white, and all people who like blue must be smoking something." :D

Not really that helpful.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just put one on my car 3 days ago. MAN DOES IT RIP :D . It's not that loud, but it has some hella bass to it, especially at low rpms. I like setting off my neighbor's ricey car alams with it. At highway speed it's very quiet. But it kicks ass on the street. People ask me if I have a V8 under my hood. Big difference between this one and my former STi exhaust.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Gathering varieties of different exhausts "down here" is about impossible. There aren't dealers for all of the different brands, so if you want something different, you import it yourself. $$$ As for the sound clip, that was probably recorded with the microphone about an inch from the tailpipe. The recording of Cobb exhaust that I have (that I put the camera about a foot from the pipe) sounds just about the same volume. On clips, you can sometimes tell the differences of tonal qualities, but not volume. All are relative to the distance between the tip and the mic.

Tuca, from what I recall about the power you're going to be needing for your car to be racing it, I imagine that you will be swapping out to a 3" exhaust down the road. I will likely get a Scoobysport because it seems to be geared towards more mild upgrades for uselful power on the street. If you are still going to be racing the car, I don't see that the volume differences will be enough to be a problem for you. Then again, your plans could have changed. I know mine change often.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No,,i have a Steet car,,not a race car..
Thats why i dont want it very loud.
I bought the 2.5" system because people claim less lag and a Wider powerband.
I think my next mods will be samco hoses on the way,UTEC,VF34 or PE1818,PE fuel pump and STI injectors..
And i forgot to mention the NOS Kit.
And i will have a Scooby catless exhaust.NO CATS.
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry, I must have confused something. I was thinking it was you in Brazil that was stripping out the interior and was going to do some endurance racing. My bad. Anyway, I understand what you're saying. It's hard to get good audio samples to compare them all. I wish that somebody would make audio samples at a meet or something. That way, you get the same quality mic from the same distance, etc to really compare them. Agreed? There's no club here to get a gathering, but maybe if I get out to a rally.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts