Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

I got my WRX a bit less than 2 weeks ago, and am already thinking about mods at ~900 miles. How long did you wait, and how long do you reccomend?

By the way, I'm really lovin the rex, and went to my first meet on monday this week in chicago and got to see some cool stuff.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I put my Boost controller on just after 1000Miles. My uppipe I bought at about 4500Miles, but I havn't had a chance to put it on yet.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I would say a bare minimum of 1500 miles before you put in a boost controller.
You can do the uppipe as soon as it's broken in.

Look at it this way. You can drive the car to it's full (stock) potential at 1,000miles. This will accelerate the remaining break in. Then you can broaden your horizons with 16psi of boost :D

-Jim

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Just go for the more conservative mods that dosen't have to do much with driveability such as shortshifters etc. Then play with your engine and suspension :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like most ppl here, I did all my mods after break in.

at 10 miles.

extra subwoofer in trunk.
IC bug screen.
Hoodscoop bug screen.
Hoodscoop air spliter.
Lighted and painted front badge.
Brake paint.

at 2000 miles.

Silencer mod
MBC mod
Earthing mod

at 3000 miles.

Restrictor mod

Pending

Godspeed uppie :)
Turboxs catback

Hopfully at end of summer

TurboXS unichip :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had a mbc on there at about 1500 miles. Within 8 months I have dp, ex, unichip, avcr, TT, head unit/amp/subs, GAUGES, spare set of RE-92's, MOMO knob, tint, good alarm, and misc DIY stuff.

It IS an addiction. If I just had money to blow, I'd be like Big Al right now with every mod in existance :D

·
2,210 Posts
Ditto - I fitted an MBC at 1500 miles. Had the car 7 months now and it is in TurboXS Stage-4 spec plus some.

I totally agree that it's an addiction. I spent the last 3 years, and approximately $10k building up my Wrangler to make it truly capable in any offroad situation. Now the WRX is getting the attention and I've already dropped about $4k - $5k on it. I probably wont take this vehicle to quite the same extreme level of modification though.

Things I don't have that I will fit at some point (either this year or next).

- IC hoses (very soon).
- Bigger IC. Probably a top-mount.
- Wheels (definitely this year).
- Uprated clutch (when this one lets go).
- Lightened flywheel.
- Pulleys.
- Muffler.
- Different gearset (maybe).

-Pace

·
Registered
12 Posts
typec
nice ls/vtec build I may do the same thing,

sorry that was off-topic.

·
1,911 Posts
I waited about 300 miles before starting on mine. that was how far the drive home was. Resonator and assorted other parts were pulled immediately. If I had an uppipe/downpipe available I would have pulled those off as well right away. Wait on the other mods until after 1000 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts