ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ummmm, how long would a car last on 3 cylinders? if you dont hit boost

:sadwave:

i am hearing a "urrrrr" noise when i crank my car and when it shuts down..........from my mind its either bent rod, or just valves clinking, but latley the boxter engine sound has been sounding wierd, and im getting cylinder 1 missfires so my only thought is that ;/

·
Registered
907 Posts
when i had my bug i ran on 3 and 2 cylinders a few times...alot less power and quite rough...but also that was a super low tech car...sooo

i wouldnt push your luck

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
So i figure the embarassment has worn off...when i first did my injector install my car ran like crap for like 2 days. Then i was like hmm it feels like my car is running on 3 cylanders. Yeah i forgot to plug one of the injectors in..i got on boost and all this crap too..not much boost but like 3-4psi is all it would do

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Fadi,
In all seriousness, I would just return your car to stock and figure out what the issues are.

There are too many problems with your car now, and being highly modified only exacerabates these issues.

Return it to stock, go to another dealership (even if it is more of a drive) and get everything done right. These problems aren't going to go away if you ignore them. Instead, your car is going to blow up.

$0.02

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Trailboss said:
Fadi,
In all seriousness, I would just return your car to stock and figure out what the issues are.

There are too many problems with your car now, and being highly modified only exacerabates these issues.

Return it to stock, go to another dealership (even if it is more of a drive) and get everything done right. These problems aren't going to go away if you ignore them. Instead, your car is going to blow up.

$0.02
Agreed. You can forget about warranty issues now too...gotta pay to play at this point.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
aaronwillen said:
So i figure the embarassment has worn off...when i first did my injector install my car ran like crap for like 2 days. Then i was like hmm it feels like my car is running on 3 cylanders. Yeah i forgot to plug one of the injectors in..i got on boost and all this crap too..not much boost but like 3-4psi is all it would do
Haha, I did the exact same thing (sort of) on my old Legend. I didn't put a spark wire in one of the cylinders...it was arcing/sparking all over the place and the car sounded like a broken down VW bus. Stupid mistakes are funny when you look back on 'em, eh? :wiggles:

Fadi, your car is jacked, mang. Return to stock before there's a massive explosion or something. :eek3: :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: Re: how long can you last on 3 cylinders?

QwikRex said:
You're Perrin crank pulley could be causing the cylinder 1 misfire code. I've heard lightened crank pulleys and flywheels sometimes mess with the crank sensor. Oh, and it's Boxer not Boxter.
I have had a lightened/underdriven crank pulley on my car for about 20,000 miles now. No problems at all, besides the highlights going a little dim at stoplights.

Then again, I'm nowhere near as modded as WRXout.

If it were me, I'd forget about the warranty and take it in and have a professional look at it. A reputable Scooby tuner at least.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i would love to return to stock and all but my parents made me sell all my stock parts........sooo im pretty screwed, the dp and exhaust, those are the only stock performance parts i have,

what im going to do is just not screw around with my car anymore, its not worth it, and to think i was gonna go with a bigger turbo? :eek3: , heck no not anymore....

i changed my spark plugs today so far no CEL, it always happens when the a/c is on its very wierd.

and my car when it idles it kinda stutters sometimes, you can hear it and the oil pressure gauge is like at 2.0 then falls to like 1.6 and you hear the car stutter

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have 2 stock d/p's one stock upipe and 2 stock exhaust's hehe, but my and my bro are selling them....i took my 100% atmospheric BOV off and it seemed to do the job.....the car doesnt stutter anymore it gets its occasional heart mummers but its still fine..........its might be from the oil leaks i have to, the cams might be getting slippery

1 - 15 of 15 Posts