Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following this website and reading about the WRX for quite a while. I have read alot about the performance and am familiar with reports of some turbo lag. I know it is an awesome performance car, but is it practical for daily use.
The problem for me is that I currently own a 94 Accord automatic, and am looking hard at the WRX as my next car, but 1) I haven't driven stick for over 10 years 2) I have a 3 year son (could i fit child seat in back?) and 3) Is it too much of a performance car for daily use (ex. rough ride, fatiguing clutch?) I would really appreciate some insite from current WRX owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got a kid? Family man? They made the WRX Wagon for you! It is one helluva smooth ride and it performs extremely well!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two kids an I took them and there carsets with me on the test drive.there is plinty of room in the back set for them.The car is very well behaved with the lag on the turbo it dose not boost tell 3000 rpm's,for around town putting about that is alright. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to everyone for the information. I actually took a test drive today in a black sedan with manual trans. Wow! Really fell in love with the car. I was impressed by the suspension, firm but not rough at all. Really handled well and the trans was very forgiving with nice clutch action. Checked out the back seat. Yes, I did see the latch for the child car seat. Nice touch. Room in the rear seat seemed to be only slightly less than my current Accord, so I think my son will fit no problem. I am definitely sold. Now only if I was ready to deal! This dealer had two manuals on the lot for sale, one blue w/ spoiler and one black without. He was trying to sell me hard, but I am financially not ready yet. I only hope I can find one when I am ready to buy.
Thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a great daily driver becuase it's a sedan/wagon. If you look in the rear seat you'll actually see stichings that says "CHIlD" <-don't ask me so you won't have a problem with your 3 year old son.

If you want a less luxurious family car that outperforms most of the cars on the road go for it, but before anything go for a testdrive :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
REXenvy: I have two children and can fit both car seats in the back of my sedan. The transmission is very friendly(same as the forrester). The WRX is basicly an econmy car, the impreza being the entry level subaru , and fits comfortably driving as daily or outperforming a porche Boxster S. The WRX is the best of both worlds and one of the best value on the road. Just yesterday a man in a brand new Viper complimented me and today someone honked and gave the car the thumbs up. This is the car to own if your budget restricts a $50-70,000 purchase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another child safety related feature is the glow in the dark trunk release handle inside the trunk itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts