Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I had a talk with Chad DiMarco from Sube Sports. HE used to rally Subaru's awhile back. He must really hate Subaru now for some reason! Cause all he did was tell me I was an idiot for wanting one! Said the WRX will be nothing but problems, that the tranny won't hold more than the 247hp or it'll blow its gears. Said it was not going to last. Said it goes into the turn with understeer, but comes out with too much oversteer . . . . yada yada yada . . . . and that I am crazy to go from a Euro Z3 Coupe to a Japanese WRX! Tried to sell me more on the Audi S4. What are your thoughts? As this will be my only car, and will be on a 7 year loan from the credit union, I can't afford to get a car that as HE says, "I'll be trying to dump in less than 12 months".

That phone call was like getting slapped in the face with a WET TOWEL!

·
Registered
66 Posts
All I know is Chris Flemming took the modified class this year in North Texas in his WRX. Several others are turning very respectable times in G- stock. Regardless of what that guy said, it's a fun car to drive and can only be improved upon.

Shawn

·
Registered
218 Posts
everybody is going to have a different opinion on anything. the thing you should do is not listen to anybody do research see what YOU need for either it be a dailydriver/roadcar/autox/drag etc. find what you like that appeals to you and is in the right price range, if your looking for soley luxuary then this might not be your car. a z3 is a great car but wouldnt be my first car or my daily driver, i need more cabin/trunk space. its all about preference and what YOU want so decide what YOU want and you do it. hopefully you make the right decision in which ever car you decide to buy.

but since you are on a wrx forum ill just throw in my 2 cents its praticale cheap mod friendly can easily made into a beast, has 4 doors fits 5 ..... the list goes on.

just realized this post is very contridicting by saying dont listen to anybody and now your here listening to me so i will stop typing now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts