Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this HUGE dented area on the back area of my car, i tried to push the dents out from the inside of the car, which ended up pushing the dents out, but now its really "rippled" looking. Do you guys think this is something that PDR people could fix, or at least improve, or do they just do little simple dents?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i have a very small, shallow dent in my trunk thats isnt very noticeable. some people have told me to leave it because PDR cant make it perfect and its hardly noticeable as is, but i never got a definite answer on it. its not very expensive, so if it can bring my trunk back to new i'd also like to have this done. anybody have any experience with it?
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Aarron,

I have had it done and the guys that did mine did it flawless!!!

One thing, DO NOT mess with pushin on em yourself, If you push em up and "dimple" em they are much harder to get them back perfect for th PDR guy,

So keep your dam paws off of em till you get the guy out there!!;)

Also check your Subbie dealer the (most all dealers) know the GOOD PDR guys and may even get you a discount if you can take it to the dealer on the days the PDR guys are there!

Good luck bro

Shotgun

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it looks like $hit on my car...so i want it to look pretty again, but i dont think it will ever be perfect, but anything is better.. shotgun how much did urs cost?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i had a bunch of hail damage a while back... and the PDR guy fixed it perfectly... they weren't huge dents though, so in that department i dont know...and the only noticable ones were on the hood, and you can't even tell anymore...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
aaronwillen said:
yeah it looks like $hit on my car...so i want it to look pretty again, but i dont think it will ever be perfect, but anything is better.. shotgun how much did urs cost?
$75 per dent, BUT if its on the same body panel my PDR guy said it would be cheaper for more of em.

I didnt think to ask cause it was just one door dent on wifeys P.T Shtter

Sorry bout that:(

Shotgun

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a ding fixed in my hood.. as others have said.. perfect. My wife had someone smack her brand new truck.. it put a dent about the size of a football in the fender. The guy wasn't sure he could get it out, but was feeling up to a challenge and offered to try it and if he couldn't get it out he would not chargge for the attempt.. with a no lose proposition like that, sure... he got it out and it's great. $400 was a lot less than the body shop wanted to fix it. So I'm a big fan of the dent repair guys. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where exactly on the back of your car is the dent? I have worked PDR on a good amount of WRX's before. Most of the car has easy access to work on dents. Hood is tough though because it is made of aluminum. Rick

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
theres actually a nasty dent on the trunk, and one on the side that you can access really easily from the trunk, because its not covered up by any interior stuff.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Can the PDR guys take care of a crease? I had a ladder fall on my rear fender and it really bugs me. It's not a round dent, though, which makes me wonder if popping it back out will actually work.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
dielectric said:
Can the PDR guys take care of a crease? I had a ladder fall on my rear fender and it really bugs me. It's not a round dent, though, which makes me wonder if popping it back out will actually work.
The word is "Massage" the dent out....;)

I bet they could

Shotgun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aaronwillen- It shouldn't be too much of a problem to get those dents out. Definitely look in the yellow pages under paintless dent repair or ask your dealer who they recommend. Most car dealers have someone they use on a regular basis.

A crease can be done. The only expectation I give my customers is that with a sharp crease, the metal may have stretched. Instead of 100% it may be 90 to 95% . Anything less than that, I won't charge them for the repair. Rick

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I'll let you know. I plan on having 2 dents removed at the Ding King meet in Jersey on the 20th.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I also had hail damage on the roof of my old Lancer. It turned out almost perfect with PDR.
On an area like the trunk where they can't get to the backside, it almost isn't worth it, but these were small hail marks not big dents. I left the trunk as it was and the insurance co. paid for a carbon fiber hood and the $500 to get the roof back into shape.:)
Seems like a lot, but the body shop wanted to replace the roof.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
I had my WRX for less than a month (way back in 01:) ) and we got a major hail storm- somewhere between golf ball and tennis ball!

I thought my car was literally destroyed, you can't find a single ding in it (at least not from that hail storm) today- all repaired by PDR- it was amazing. Even the aluminum hood, which they thought would be difficult- perfect.

1/6th the cost of tradional repair.

Big Sky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts