ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i posted this in the racing forum yesterday to no avail, anyways I am giving you guys a fake not of 3g in your hand. so

1.what would you do to a stock wrx?

2. and how fast would she be?

·
Registered
28 Posts
tires

and

vishnu or turboxs kits...if 3k is all I had...and all i was willing too put into the car.

vishnu stage 0 peple are running real low 13's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would do TurboXS stage 2 with a VF30 turbo and uppipe. Stage 2 includes a turbo-back exhaust, unichip, and a few smaller items. You will be pushing 250WHP and should easily run upper 12s. You just cant raise the boost at all and run it hard very often because the fuel system cannot SAFELY handle that much power for very long. The injectors become static which means fuel is just being dumped as fast as possible. Upgrade the fuel system and you will see low to mid 12s.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does teh stock ECU keep up with a larger turbo? i.e would you need standalone or some kind of piggy back with a data logging feature for increased tunning?

·
Registered
28 Posts
those kits come with a unichip...which is a piggy back.
I prefer standalone...but thats just me...and you cant deny the results of these kits. I do believe that 4 people are in the lower 12's and one of those is the fastest so far. They all have unichip...

stock ecu blows..............................IMO ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jenison,

Aren't you running Link? How do you like it so far? Is it hard to tune it? I know that Unichip works great for only around $700. TEC II/III seems like a great system but it's a little too expensive. Link seems just right to me. hmmm I'll probably do suspension first then move on to engine. Just wanted to get different opinions on different engine managements.

·
5,799 Posts
Rex N Effect said:
I would do TurboXS stage 2 with a VF30 turbo and uppipe. Stage 2 includes a turbo-back exhaust, unichip, and a few smaller items. You will be pushing 250WHP and should easily run upper 12s. You just cant raise the boost at all and run it hard very often because the fuel system cannot SAFELY handle that much power for very long. The injectors become static which means fuel is just being dumped as fast as possible. Upgrade the fuel system and you will see low to mid 12s.
I would not personally run a bigger turbo without adequate fuel system upgrades. I considered this for some time, and upon the advice of TurboXS, I instead used appropriate supporting modifications.

For 3K? TurboXS Stage-2 plus wheels and tires, and a catless uppipe. You can upgrade more later when you realize 3k isn't going to satisfy your craving for mo power.

-Pace

·
Registered
28 Posts
Love the Link...could not be easier to tune.

The stock software that comes with the link is flippin great. I am also working on tools to help other tuners. I already have one tool out (Beta Version).

I'm releasing a full version soon. Just cleaning it up.

The link does have its issues. Idle is not pretty. I played with it a bit and got it where I like it. But it does have its bad days. will jump from 700 to 1000 ... back and forth ... its weird. But that happens only from time to time...

I've heard the Tec2 software has a lot of issues. Tec3...havent heard anything about.

Do it over again? you bet I would... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help guys and gals

Ok, i search but no help.. What best way to spend 2grand for mod? (powerwise) Im helping a friend with his WRX. Thanks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bs4 said:
Does anyone have their exhaust clip? I want to hear see how it sound like.
Ask around, I am going that route. Stage 2 is more than enough for me. Of course others can live with stage 3, stage 4, stage 5 and higher, isn't life with a rex beautiful :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts