Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a stock 2000 GTP, a guy at school, and from a roll we were dead even, i pulled maybe 1/4 of a car on him from 30-95. Then i raced him off the line and got about a 2 car lead and just kept it. Now, this was during a time when i think my clutch was slipping, i got it changed a week later at the dealership. I raced a SSEI before, a new one, and i always pulled hard on it even from a roll. Is a GTP that much quicker than an SSEI?? Or was my clutch slipping that bad? I am not stock btw, i have a uppipe and downpipe. I have raced an S4 before and pulled more cars on him then i did on this GTP, not sure if my clutch was that messed up, im gonna go and try to race him again. Anyways, anybody see these cars run at a track? what do they run stock and when modded slightly?

-Bobby D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I run 15.1 in the heat...and I can run a 14.9 in the cold. I am completely stock.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My boss has a Rex and we raced each other in each other's cars. It was from about 15 mph....My GTP pulled on me by about a car length till we shut down at 85. It was my first time driving a Rex and he only had 2000 it. I have around 22000 miles on the GTP. BTW....the 280 pound of torque is REALLY slammin' when you hit the gas on any speed under 25.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really can't remember the exact mileage but i THINK it was at 93.xxx

·
Registered
137 Posts
My friends got a 2000 gtp, i believe, it might a 99.. but he runs 13.9's consistent....he's got (lets see if i can remember) Cold Air Intake, custom ram air, new supercharger pulley, full exhaust, i think thats it, but ill let you know if you really wanna know.... but he's also got 2 12" subs with a huge box in the trunk, not sure if the 13.9 was run with the box or not... prolly not, i didnt goto the track with him that day, but i saw the slip and the video, its a pretty sweet car, i would have gotten one, but im lookin for something a little more compact... *cough* WRX *cough* hopefully have mine in march.. still lookin for "mine" haha if u want mre info on my friends gtp, let me know, ill see what i can dig up...

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I'll chime in here- I had a 200 GTP with cutsom air intake, cone filter, smaller pulley, etc. These cars pull like crazy, but they're mostly bottom end power- once you get them to hook, they fly, but a rex has the awd advantage- top end, the GTP seems to run out of steam pretty quickly- but I still think my old GTP would give my new rex a run for it's money above 80- the GTP is larger, hence more wind resistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[email protected] mph with a cold air intake, 3.4" S/C pulley, and a cat back.

these cars are quick. The problem is that they are choked fromt he factory. Open up the intake, remove a small section of the exhuast in favor of a straight pipe, and go one step smalled on the pulley and you have a 13 sec car for $200 in mods. Not bad.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Black00GTP said:
[email protected] mph with a cold air intake, 3.4" S/C pulley, and a cat back.

these cars are quick. The problem is that they are choked fromt he factory. Open up the intake, remove a small section of the exhuast in favor of a straight pipe, and go one step smalled on the pulley and you have a 13 sec car for $200 in mods. Not bad.
Man, you make me jealous- I sure do miss that car- large and powerful- I guess I'll be first in line when the Legacy B4 gets here...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen a few grand prix gtp's run mid-high 13's with pulley, intake, exhaust, with race gas and slicks. Pretty good for a big car. There's a whole debate on nasioc midwest forum. I think a couple of nasioc guys and grand prix guys are going to meet up to race tonight.

I've raced too many gtp's. (I always make sure to look for the gtp emblem on the door). Some of the guys are cool about losing badly, but others refuse to even look at me after dusting them. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
just because it is wider does not mean it is less aerodynamic.

my drag coeffecient is .29 (same as a 2003 vette i belive)

different shape doesn't necessarily determin how well they do in the wind. Depends on the design.

I dunno what a GTP is though... anyone know?

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
AmSFighter said:
GTP has a supercharged engine whereas the other grand prix's are naturally aspirated.
Thanks for clearing that one up:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Just joking with ya dude:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts