Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the universal question everyone is faced with once in thier life:

Does being beautiful get you farther in life?

Ive asked myself this many times. Good looking girls get it easy from my understanding, and good looking guys get the good looking girls so everything is good.

any stories of how someone goodlooking got farther than you? Any good looking people here want to admit to this? What do you think of movie stars...are they dealt the better card in life because of thier looks?

What are your thoughts, im curious to know!

thanx,
-Jae-

PS. i have tons of stories, but due to it being 2:30 at night my brain isnt working properly...and i also want to hear other people's stories before i spill the beans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
personally..i think you shouldn't be concerned with how others look, you are what you are, and to someone out there you're the most beautiful/handsome person alive. Be happy with what you were born with and live your life doing what you believe is right. I'd say being happy inside is the most beautiful thing of all.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I had a girlfriend before that absolutely WALTZED through so many situations that would have put a less attractive person in peril that I'm just flabbergasted at the whole ordeal... I was one of the beguiled, but after all was said and done (and it turned out that she was absofrigginlutely P S Y C H O!!!) she was just another person...

Believe it or not, she was one of those girls that walked around like she was "it" (and she had good reason to with guys like me chomping at the bit to fawn over her) but she was one of the most insecure people deep down...

She did get me out of responsibility of a car accident in a drunken stupor (STUPID STUPID STUPID! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!) one night by charming the pants off the guy I hit though... :eek:

At the time I was absolutely bedazzled by this wondrous (LOOKING) creature - smart, beautiful, sexy, well-to-do, articulate, bi-lingual... But even I was stunned by the attention she got (as much of it was her "it" attitude as her beauty) wanted or not... AMAZING.

She paid for very little, waited even less, and couldn't make a guy mad if she poured her drink on his head while kicking him in the shin. Just plain NUTS. While I was with her I both benefited from this and it drove me crazy... Now that I'm apart from her - I wish whomever ends up with her well. :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
20/20 did a show on this and the conclusion was that good looking people get away with more than plain looking people. They sent 4 people out to accomplish various tasks like cutting in line or interviewing for a job. The good looking guy and girl seemed to win out against the plain looking guy and girl on almost every account.

Kind of sucks, but that's the reality of human nature.

·
Registered
48 Posts
is2scooby said:
I had a girlfriend before that absolutely WALTZED through so many situations that would have put a less attractive person in peril that I'm just flabbergasted at the whole ordeal... I was one of the beguiled, but after all was said and done (and it turned out that she was absofrigginlutely P S Y C H O!!!) she was just another person...

Believe it or not, she was one of those girls that walked around like she was "it" (and she had good reason to with guys like me chomping at the bit to fawn over her) but she was one of the most insecure people deep down...

She did get me out of responsibility of a car accident in a drunken stupor (STUPID STUPID STUPID! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!) one night by charming the pants off the guy I hit though... :eek:

At the time I was absolutely bedazzled by this wondrous (LOOKING) creature - smart, beautiful, sexy, well-to-do, articulate, bi-lingual... But even I was stunned by the attention she got (as much of it was her "it" attitude as her beauty) wanted or not... AMAZING.

She paid for very little, waited even less, and couldn't make a guy mad if she poured her drink on his head while kicking him in the shin. Just plain NUTS. While I was with her I both benefited from this and it drove me crazy... Now that I'm apart from her - I wish whomever ends up with her well. :cool:
Not to move in on ur territory or anything, but do you have her number :D

- M a t t -

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Matt,

I'll take that as a compliment. :D And yes, I do have her number... But I'm *SURE* you really wouldn't want it. REALLY. She's sugary sweet when it suits her, and just plain MEAN at other times...

I had the option of staring at that (I think) BEAUTIFUL face for the rest of my life or walking away...

And I'm happily with my new girlfriend without a good thought thrown towards the ex... :)

P.S. The new girlfriend is on the left and I think she's beautiful too! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Damn dude! you are hooking it up with all the hotties! If she got any friends that are in the chicago or columbia missouri area make sure they look me up alright?;)
hehe later -

- M a t t -

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Didn't anyone tell you? All the girls in Hawaii are hotties. :D

If we make it out to the windy city it's all you. :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Would the women on this board chose to be ugly and have millions or be a total knock-out (naturally) and take her chances?

I think attractive people get more of what they want with less effort, sooner, and easier. They also get what they may not want like bad attention and not taken seriously.

There's a fable:
A prince marries a witch and given the option of her being beautiful only with him and ugly in public, or beautiful in public and ugly when just with him.

Which would you choose?
Guess what he chose.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
QuickSilver said:
There's a fable:
A prince marries a witch and given the option of her being beautiful only with him and ugly in public, or beautiful in public and ugly when just with him.

Which would you choose?
Guess what he chose.
Wow... That hits home. I think I stayed with the aforementioned "evil one" for longer than I should have just because I enjoyed all of the positive attention. When I walked arm in arm with her it felt like I was tooling around in my Murcielago... I instantly felt elevated.

How shallow that is in hindsight. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
is2scooby said:

Wow... That hits home. I think I stayed with the aforementioned "evil one" for longer than I should have just because I enjoyed all of the positive attention. When I walked arm in arm with her it felt like I was tooling around in my Murcielago... I instantly felt elevated.

How shallow that is in hindsight. :(
you have a Murcielago? the closest i've gotten to that is EuroCar performance and Need For Speed 6 Hot Pursuit 2.

- M a t t -

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was trying for an analogy... Pretty bad one I guess, eh? :D

My point being that the evil one was great at making me feel "special" just by the attention that SHE got. Kind of like J-Lo's first husband (whatshisface? :D) must have felt when he took her out to dinner. (Amidst all the "what is she doing with that bald guy anyway?" comments at least... :D)

My wonderful and beautiful new girlfriend is a bartendress/server/go-go dancer so she gets a lot of attention too. That type of attention makes me more nervous than special-feeling though. :D

To go back on topic - yes... Attractive people have an edge in life. No question. That explains my terrible underachievement. :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
My brother is quite tall and very handsome.

He measures his income not in millions of dollars per year, but in some years, hundreds of million.

Obviously, his looks are not the only factor in his success, but it has never hurt him.

misterx

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
*faints* Hundreds of millions? *faints* You're related to Tony Robbins? :D *faints*

I forgot about being tall for a guy. I'm short and ugly. Double-d*mn. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
so you don't have a lambo?
if you would've said "tooling around in A murcielago" then i would've understand. it was that MY that confused me

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
No, sorry... No Murcielago. :( I misspoke. See? Short, ugly, and all willy nilly in the head. *sigh* Woe is me. :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks definitely do impact how far ahead you get. Granted, in a job situation, you still have to know what you're doing but if you are good looking, people tend to cut you more slack.

I grew up seeing this all my life. I had quite a few friends that were very good looking and they'd get away with all kinds of stuff. They'd hook up with the best looking guys, go to the best places and would manage to somehow only get warnings when they got pulled over for speeding/tailgating. There is no way I could've gotten away with that.

I think it's not only the looks but the confidence that they exude, that also makes them desirable. They are so confident about themselves that it affects their posture, how they talk, how they walk and in general people like confidence.

I couldn't pull this off because I have the sex appeal of a sack of potatoes but I've seen not so attractive people get away with stuff but to a lesser extent than better looking people just on account of their confidence.

Conclusion: Being good looking does help make your life easier. That's primarily why cosmetic surgeons are in such great demand. Confidence is also a big factor in all of this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The great equalizer for not being gorgeous is having a gorgeous bank account. A fat guy with a fat wallet can easily score the hot babe.

Oh...the trueisms of life are strange to say the least.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I would have to agree that better looking people can get away with more. Some society we live in, huh?

Myself...I can get away with whatever I want usually because I'm really cute ;)

Just don't tell Saratoga Police Dep't that, they think otherwise...LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its not just in humans.....its human nature.....natural selection, survival of the fittest etc etc.....course I don't believe in that as I am a Catholic :)

But, if you look at nature the biggest, strongest, best furr / coat, etc etc (lions for example) tend to get the Lionesses a lot easier.....same can be said with lots of species of animals.....human nature.....

I ain't gonna tell a lie though, money does help......don't have to be shallow to want someone with money, sometimes it is the security and feeling that the person has their head screwed on right to be able to make that money which attracts others......

Being hung like a horse or having a nice rack probably does not hurt either :) J/k

1 - 20 of 53 Posts