Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about the, but how well do they improve handling. Also would I need to get front and rear or just rear. I am looking to reduce understeer. If I was able to take a turn at 50 w/o sway bars how fast could I take it with sway bars?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
202 Posts
upgraded swaybars on the wrx are very effective. Start with a adjustable rear bar and you can dial out virtually all of the understeer that the car exhibits in stock form. I have mine set in the middle position ( 22mm) and this is just about perfect for my driving style. the beauty of adjustable sway bars is that you can tailor the handling to suit your own driving style or conditions...anything from understeer to neutral to oversteer is available by adjusting swaybars. The front bar is ok stock but benefits from stiffer endlinks but you can also replace the front bar with a stiffer one and really get the car cornering flat. Very worthwhile handling mod, imho the best one overall because of the fact you can really adjust and fine tune the cars handling attributes for a relatively small investment.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Also remember your swaybars will only help if you have the tires to match the mod. What I mean is, the tires are the things that are touching the ground. Don't expect that much of a gain with the stock RE-92 tires. Go for some low profile tires like 40-50 series to actually feel the gains from a sway bar setup. As you stiffen your chassis with the sway bars, the body of the car will not flex as much so more strain will go to the tires. Less sidewall equals less tire flex means less tire squeal which means better grip which means better handling.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rice Boi said:
Hey, what kind of sway bars are you running Twinz?

And how much did you pay for them?

Thank You
I have the info in my "Current Mods" list on bottom of my posts. I use whiteline adjustable rear sway bar and their swaybar mounts ( I think bar and mounts were around 150$? Bought through Altasports ) I used Kartboy alloy endlinks on the rear bar.
I kept the stock front bar and just got stiffer endlinks from Whiteline, but there are better/stiffer ones now available from several companies. I do plan on getting a stiffer or adjustable front bar also but I am waiting to first do springs/shocks or coilovers to see how that affects the handling before doing a front bar. Right now the handling is just about perfect with the mods I have done so far. PS: the Anti Lift Kit is also a very good handling mod on this car, makes for very quick response to steering input and much easier to control attitude of car under heavy acceleration when cornering plus straight line stability is very much improved.

·
Registered
64 Posts
twinz said:

I have the info in my "Current Mods" list on bottom of my posts. I use whiteline adjustable rear sway bar and their swaybar mounts ( I think bar and mounts were around 150$? Bought through Altasports ) I used Kartboy alloy endlinks on the rear bar.
I kept the stock front bar and just got stiffer endlinks from Whiteline, but there are better/stiffer ones now available from several companies. I do plan on getting a stiffer or adjustable front bar also but I am waiting to first do springs/shocks or coilovers to see how that affects the handling before doing a front bar. Right now the handling is just about perfect with the mods I have done so far. PS: the Anti Lift Kit is also a very good handling mod on this car, makes for very quick response to steering input and much easier to control attitude of car under heavy acceleration when cornering plus straight line stability is very much improved.
Great response. This is the words I've been looking for. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.