ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does this set up sound to you guys for some first mods on a 04 wrx wr blue pearl...

Rota SDR steel grey w/ yokohama AVS ES100 225/45/17
Eibach pro kit springs--get it realigned
Cobb stage 2 (Acessport w/turbo back exhaust)
paint side skirts (get done at dealership? how much $?)
intake silencer removal (F the bov, 0$ dont get better than that) all i want is sound from that mod anyways...

thats it...for now
;) how does it sound to you wrx seasoned pros? will that all work together?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that was quick lol...anyone know how much is costs to get the skirts painted at the dealership? and is it necessary for re- alignement when i install the eibachs? jw

·
Registered
773 Posts
KanosWRX said:
You can buy brand new subaru painted sideskirts for 225 from a dealer so it won't cost more then that :)
Do they have a part number for them. Everytime I call I get the run around.

·
Registered
441 Posts
who is spreading the rumors about the intake effecting performance? I've had mine off for about a month and my car has never ran better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
blahblah said:
I heard that removing the intake silencer can screw up the turbos performance
getting some brands of intake will damage the performance of your car by allowing too much air in, yes. But removing the snorkel from your current stock set up won't hurt a fly. Unless it get sucked into the intake. If you've ever seen the snorkel you'll understand why this piece looks so damn useless. As for your mods, I basically have had the same set up for about a year minus the cobb 2 (but I do have cat-back exhaust) and it's worked great.

To your other question, it is necessary to get a realignment after suspension work. Be sure to put the wheels on at the same time as your springs so that way you will have perfect alignment, because a lot of people recommend, again not necessary, to get a realignment after getting bigger rims. Also ask around to see if you can fit 235s on your car. I had no trouble with 225s and rubbing so try to get a little bigger if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks a lot, does anyone have pics of the intake silencer?? i hear so much about this thing, but have never seen one...dont gotta rex just yet;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts