ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in an apartment, and i have to go to self car wash to wash my car. what is the safe way to wash those rims without damaging them

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Nothin complicated.. Just buy some Mothers Wheel Mist Wheel Cleaner, spray it on your wheels, let sit for the recommended period of time then was it off. There will be a bit of dust still left on your wheels, so just take an old tshirt or terry cloth and polish.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i ever use that brush in the self car wash to clean the rims. cause the dirt can be very tough

·
Registered
61 Posts
You'd be suprised how well commercial wheel cleaners work with no scrubbing at all. It all depends on teh finish of your rim. I'd use that brush if absolutely neccesary on brushed aluminum...but if you've got some highly polished or coated rim, you never know what might be in that brush. Some jerk could've gone in there and put a wire, or some other crap in those bristles and you'll be sorry.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
Nothin complicated.. Just buy some Mothers Wheel Mist Wheel Cleaner, spray it on your wheels, let sit for the recommended period of time then was it off. There will be a bit of dust still left on your wheels, so just take an old tshirt or terry cloth and polish.
I'm with Boom Stick. the Mothers stuff is great. i've tried a bunch of different brands, and this one requires almost no touching (unless you're wheels are really bad and neglected) even then, it's pretty amazing.

just make sure you get the right one, there is a red and a yellow bottle, depending on if your wheels are "factory finish" clear coat, or chrome/alloy

dR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts