Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
run a search for intake silencer or intake resonator. this subject has been covered MANY times.

also check out the tutorial section. most "how to's" are listed there.

dR

·
Registered
110 Posts
One suggestion I have...

If you're running the stock wheels and stock height, you do NOT need to jack the car up and remove the wheel. It is VERY easy to pull back the inner fender liner just by turning the wheels all the way to the right.

And another thing that has been debated... Should you remove it all together, or cut it and put it back? If you cut it, it will look OEM under the hood -- which is good. If you remove it, then you have to use foam tape or something which isn't the best thing IMO. Now, if you cut it, do you leave the cut part open, or seal it with plastic or something of that sort, and utilize the functional front scoop? Well sealing it seems the logical way to go.

Ok, I'm done :D

PS > I cut it and sealed it with plastic. Looks great, works great.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Feedback on resonator removal

I pulled mine, drove it for a day then put it back in. I didn't notice much if any increase in power. I also didn't like the fact that if I were to leave the air scoop installed it would be just flopping around on the one end. That is unless I did a half a$$ installation using some foam to fill the holes (very un-professional in my opinion). Also the blow-off valve and turbo were much louder then my tastes dictate. I think if anyone came up with an adapter that linked the scoop and filter box together for this mod it would be a perfect solution. it would dampen out some sound but not all, and give the inlet scoop the security it needs. All with the factory appearance. As for doing a hack job on the resonator box, I'm not one to be chopping up factory components on my three month old car.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not knocking the mod, it just wasn't for me. If you have been thinking of doing this and the problems listed above don't bother you try it out. The only thing you will be wasting is a little bit of your time.

Oh I do have the JoeP by the way.

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts