ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yeah, I actually already have an account over there. I just forget about it. That is certainly the place for this kind of talk, eh?

Thanks.
Nah,I didn't mean it like that.You asked who would be able to look at your logs.Thats all they do over there is analyze peoples logs for them.Plus it's easier to upload log files on RomRaider because it's setup differently than here.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I haven't been over there enough to test the waters, are they cool with the AccessPORT (being an open source forum and all)? Or are they gonna flame me for posting logs from a COBB OTS map?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I haven't been over there enough to test the waters, are they cool with the AccessPORT (being an open source forum and all)? Or are they gonna flame me for posting logs from a COBB OTS map?
Uhhm okay you were talking about switching to Opensource I thought.Why not post your AP logs on Cobb's forum...

·
3,726 Posts
Okay, I've been over at the RR forum, and I'm confused. If I just want to log (only) can I use my Ver.1 AP cable or not? It seems a while back when it was Enginuity, I was able to use it..:confused:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Okay, I've been over at the RR forum, and I'm confused. If I just want to log (only) can I use my Ver.1 AP cable or not? It seems a while back when it was Enginuity, I was able to use it..:confused:
I did a bunch of research concerning the V2 cable, but I'm not sure about the V1 cable, sorry. I read a big huge thread on the COBB forum about logging with the V2 cable and it ended up not working for me.
I would say just try using your cable to log with Romraider and ecuExplorer and see if works.

I thought you had an Openport cable anyhow? Isn't that what you offered to let me borrow?

·
3,726 Posts
I did a bunch of research concerning the V2 cable, but I'm not sure about the V1 cable, sorry. I read a big huge thread on the COBB forum about logging with the V2 cable and it ended up not working for me.
I would say just try using your cable to log with Romraider and ecuExplorer and see if works.

I thought you had an Openport cable anyhow? Isn't that what you offered to let me borrow?
No, it was my Cobb cable, because it was my understanding that it would work. (like I said, I had used it before). Meh.. I'll just try it and see if it works, I guess.

Edit: The ver.1 cable is a ODBII to serial port interface. Isn't the ver.2 cable usb? I wonder if that is the difference?

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
mycologist.. that is some GREAT info regarding boost at elevation, but how would that relate to timing in this case, do you think? If timing is being pulled at low elevation/high heat as in this case, would that affect boost at the same time?
Thanks, I really hope it can be of some help.

I am a bit burned out from work and had several beers, but I will get back to you tomorrow on the question.

My v1 AP cable works fine for logging with the version I have.

·
3,726 Posts
Thanks, I really hope it can be of some help.

I am a bit burned out from work and had several beers, but I will get back to you tomorrow on the question.

My v1 AP cable works fine for logging with the version I have.
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
mycologist.. that is some GREAT info regarding boost at elevation, but how would that relate to timing in this case, do you think? If timing is being pulled at low elevation/high heat as in this case, would that affect boost at the same time?
I am not the best one here to answer that, but here is what I think: the pressure compensation runs independently from the map you have flashed, so it will allow the boost to go up to normal levels based on your map target as you descend to sea level. From there the ECU pulls timing because of the higher boost and denser air. What I don't know is whether it will add fuel (or if less fuel is used as atmospheric pressure goes down). My sort of guess is that it learns it can run more aggressive timing than normal at high elevation and this is just being trimmed back. If temperature is also increasing dramatically normal heat soak effects also come into play. I have only logged boost so I don't watch what it does regularly, but eventually it should be pulled as well if the other adjustments are not effective. I don't know enough about it to say if that happens when the DAM hits 0 etc. Ultimately though, your car is optimized for low elevation and it will eventually hit higher boost levels safely down there if nothing else is wrong. I think it will be about 1psi higher per 2000'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is interesting. Like you, I have a fairly decent elevation/temp change when I drive between St. George and Enterprise. (Enterprise 5500 ft. vs St. George 2200 ft.) I make this drive almost everyday, and have never really noticed much of a difference, but I have never logged. Now I'm curious. Maybe when I get back from vacation, I'll do a little logging, and we can compare notes.
yooo you live in st george ? i live out on the way to zion ! hell yeah

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.