Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing that you get a free SCCA membership with the purchase of a WRX. That was for '02 models I know. What about us '03 WRX buyers? If so, how do I get mine?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i got a card thing in my owners manual, filled it out never sent it in though, i might do that soon. it should be included in your owners manual somwhere

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebr0t said:
i got a card thing in my owners manual, filled it out never sent it in though, i might do that soon. it should be included in your owners manual somwhere
No ****. Well, my salesman was an idiot and he told me you "automatically receive it from Subaru".

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ebr0t said:
our salesmen went over it with us then gave it to us and put it in the owers manual...
Same here.

I filled mine out and faxed it in. Got my membership kit in the mail the other day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ebr0t said:
what was in the membership kit
Not much. A booklet that explained the different types of competition (solo I & II, Pro rally, etc...), a sheet with all the local chapters contacts' names & numbers, a product order sheet (for SCCA clothes, hats, stickers, etc...), a SCCA patch, and 2 SCCA stickers (small, round wire wheel).

Mike

·
Registered
414 Posts
SCCA Membership

You can print out the application from the internet and send it in. I lost the card that came w/ my car so I called the SOA Customer Help Line(you should be able to find that in your new car paper work or call your dealership).

They told me how to get to the application through the Subaru website. They also offered to fax it to me.

I don't remember how to find it on the website or I would just tell you, but it shouldn't be that hard to find. Hope this helps.

Later, T.J.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You should also get a membership card. Mine's on it's way, I have a temp one until after the first of the year.

Vostok 7

·
Registered
55 Posts
1. It wasn't in my manual pack or glove compartment @ pickup;

2. called SOA & first time they claim they discontinued for 03 even after I said that my dealer said all other 03 WRX have them (my dealer didn't have extra application);

3. called SOA a 2nd time, just to get different CSR :D, and she processed it.

HTH.
Robert

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ur2punk said:

2. called SOA & first time they claim they discontinued for 03 even after I said that my dealer said all other 03 WRX have them (my dealer didn't have extra application);

HTH.
Robert
No ****. :mad: I guess I'm lucky then.

I called the dealer and they finally called me back. Said my membership was on its way. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts