Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yeah i accidently hit the side of parking garage ramp as i was going down. Didn't realize i was too close to the wall and by the time i hit i was at a downward angle (car would roll down anyways). So anyways i have this huge dent. A shop quoted me $1200 to both fix that and paint it. I dont know if that is a good price or not. So i wanted to ask other peoples opinion. Also i honestly need to make the surface flat. I was actually planning to wrap my car but because of this i can no longer get it wrap until i can fix it. The new shop quoted me $780 just to fix it (no paint).

Do you guys know how i can fix that? Its non replaceable since its connected to the whole rear panel which on its own cost about $700 ish from subaru themselves.

Also i forgot to state that this is from a Subaru 2013 wrx sedan.
Any ideas i can use to make it flat? Dont need it to be 100% amazing just flat surface enough to get it wrapped.

Any ideas, thanks!

UPDATE:
I forgot to include the images. This forums isnt allowing to include the png. I've uploaded to my onedrive account.
Here it is!
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ahb3F14FuMnpgZkVabIN1C9EWSn-VQ
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ahb3F14FuMnpgZkWuL2e6fTa9A6ALg

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Both of those price quotes seem very reasonable to me. If you're just wanting to flatten it out for wrap yourself and don't care about it being perfect you could grind/sand it all down to bare metal, then fill it in with bondo and wet sand it until it looks decent.

·
Registered
62 Posts
$1200 defiantly sounds reasonable
Looks like a good amount of labor to even it out and then paint/blend

·
Super Moderator
10,901 Posts
Why does it look like it had a layer of Bondo on it?

1200 for that repair is good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
voidin warranty since 05
835 Posts
this is just me, and heads may disagree... and in no way am i suggesting you do this, but if that happened to me: i would find a chop shop and let those cats bondo/primer and whatever else they need to the area so i could wrap the car. i know chop shops in queens do a good job because ive worked with them before. they do a sufficient job and its very cost effective. this post in response isnt about legalities and whats right or wrong, but just a reply to the question at hand. but again, thats just me. you do you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
this is just me, and heads may disagree... and in no way am i suggesting you do this, but if that happened to me: i would find a chop shop and let those cats bondo/primer and whatever else they need to the area so i could wrap the car. i know chop shops in queens do a good job because ive worked with them before. they do a sufficient job and its very cost effective. this post in response isnt about legalities and whats right or wrong, but just a reply to the question at hand. but again, thats just me. you do you.
arent wraps like 3000$+? i cant help but think im missing something here.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
If it were mine, I'd bondo it myself since it is being wrapped anyway. It may not come out perfect but that would not bother me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts