ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Not very. So long as you know how to properly run and connect wire and can run one vacuum line. It says it comes with a mount and cup, but I can't speak for the quality of it. That's one area you don't want to cheap out on.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Cool cool. All I can really suggest is you read up some how-to's for installing it, so that you don't splice into the wrong vacuum line or in the wrong place. Also be sure to properly run those wires and the vacuum line or you'll be forced to do it over again some time down the road.

Basically as with every car mod, take your time, pay attention, follow instructions, and keep a beer or two handy. :)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Quite difficult.I just did mine.Installed a Prosport premium.

Getting the wire through the firewall into the car is really difficult.This may also be due to the fact that I was fishing 2 wires(one for oil pressure)

But once it is in the rest of the install is quite easy.If you are going to wire to your fuse box you will have to buy 15 amp ATM fuses & a couple of ATM add-a-fuses.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool cool. All I can really suggest is you read up some how-to's for installing it, so that you don't splice into the wrong vacuum line or in the wrong place. Also be sure to properly run those wires and the vacuum line or you'll be forced to do it over again some time down the road.

Basically as with every car mod, take your time, pay attention, follow instructions, and keep a beer or two handy. :)
Good to know.. I'll pick up some pbr tom :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Getting the wire through the firewall into the car is really difficult.This may also be due to the fact that I was fishing 2 wires(one for oil pressure)

But once it is in the rest of the install is quite easy.If you are going to wire to your fuse box you will have to buy 15 amp ATM fuses & a couple of ATM add-a-fuses.
I am not too sure how I am going to wire it, prob not throught the fuse box, isn't that a little tricky?

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Tape the wires to a coat hanger and shove them through - no big deal at least on a bugeye.

I used the clock/radio wires with relatively little difficulty as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Easiest way to wire is through the fuse panel underneath the steering wheel.Only other was is to splice the wires going to the clock.
Ok good to know. Is there any trick or anything I should becareful of? First time playing with the fuse box.. I installed hella but bring the power straight fro the battery.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Ok good to know. Is there any trick or anything I should becareful of? First time playing with the fuse box.. I installed hella but bring the power straight fro the battery.
I'd use a multimeter to determine which fuses you need to use.

Other than that its as simple as removing the fuses,plugging new fuses into ATM add-a-fuse & plugging them into place.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
If you use the clock wiring you will have a switched power source easily accessible.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Turns on with the key.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
For install you will need to access

1.Constant 12v

2.Accessory wire(that turns on with the car)

3.Illumination(that turns on with the headlights).

I just changed the colors on mine.The wiring instructions are different depending on the colors you choose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boost Gauge Install help

To get the wire and hose through the firewall locate the gromet dead center behind your intercooler on the firewall and insert a coathanger toward the drivers side floor aiming to hit the front of the driver's seat and you will pop out under the dash right above the gas pedal with no obstructions. To hook up the hose just locate any vacuum line coming right off the intake manifold such as the one right on top dead center on the front of the intercooler connected to a round solenoid. It is a 5/16" or so black hose. Just cut it and put in your tee with the brass flow restrictor toward the boost gauge.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
To get the wire and hose through the firewall locate the gromet dead center behind your intercooler on the firewall and insert a coathanger toward the drivers side floor aiming to hit the front of the driver's seat and you will pop out under the dash right above the gas pedal with no obstructions. To hook up the hose just locate any vacuum line coming right off the intake manifold such as the one right on top dead center on the front of the intercooler connected to a round solenoid. It is a 5/16" or so black hose. Just cut it and put in your tee with the brass flow restrictor toward the boost gauge.
which make are you talking about?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts