48,699 Posts
A bit vague.

What year?
What mileage?
Which transmission?
What condition?
What options?
Any modifications?

All of these things can make a difference in how much you might get in tradein...

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
3,814 Posts
Not very accurate, dealers use the Galves book.

This is 100% correct. When a dealer is purchasing a car wholesale (either at auction or trade-in), Galves is the ONLY book used and also the most accurate and up to date. KBB is an excellent guide but, at times can be very off.....

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
ScaryFast_EJ20 said:
I was just wondering how accurate are the trade in prices on Kelly Blue Book.

No particular year, mods, miles... just how accurate Kelly Blue Book Trade-In value...

But thanks~
Ah, well your question was originally about a WRX in particular. At least I think it was, your grammar was a bit weird.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I looked up my cars trade in value in Galves and KBB. Galves in $16100. KBB is $17800. Big difference. Dealers use Galves, insurance companies use NADA, and the general public uses KBB.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Dealers use galves to buy, but KBB to sell.

My buddy went in to trade in his car for a used one. The sales guy came out to show him what a great deal he was getting as he was picking up the car for less than the KBB prices.

When they offered him the $ for his trade-in the amount was so low he asked to see the book. They wouldn't show him the price in KBB, but brought out the galves price. He then said that if galves was what they were going to use on his trade-in then that's what they would have to use on the sale and bargained the price down some more.

·
48,699 Posts
sarcasmo said:
Dealers use galves to buy, but KBB to sell.

My buddy went in to trade in his car for a used one. The sales guy came out to show him what a great deal he was getting as he was picking up the car for less the KBB prices.

When they offered him the $ for his trade-in the amount was so low he asked to see the book. They wouldn't show him the price in KBB, but brought out the galves price. He then said that if galves was what they were going to use on his trade-in then that's what they would have to use on the sale and bargained the price down some more.
That's pretty tricky of them; one book to buy from and another to sell? Sheesh, I would have expected higher ethics from a car salesman! Wait a minute...:confused1

·
48,699 Posts
Trainrex said:
"Oil spot? What oil spot? That's just sweat from alllll that horsepower:D "
<Ray rushes out to the parking lot, to see if his engine is sweating...>

No sweat? I must need more horsepower!:D

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
<Ray rushes out to the parking lot, to see if his engine is sweating...>

No sweat? I must need more horsepower!:D
LOL......and when you upgrade, remember your good buddy Andrew wants a VF34:D

·
48,699 Posts
Trainrex said:
LOL......and when you upgrade, remember your good buddy Andrew wants a VF34:D
Yeah, hopefully it won't be "sweating" too much by that time...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts