ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my REX for about 2 months, never taken on the HWY, dont tailgate and my bumper has a good number of medium to small stone chips all over it. Too late for a clear bra. Yup I know you just gotta live with thin suby paint. How are you other non-clear bra owners handling the chips? How many do you guys have and how old is your car? At this rate id image the bumper looks like crap after a year of normal driving.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Mine is pretty slashed up. i've got 61K highway miles on her, three full winters in New England are pretty ruthless to any daily driver.

A Meguiars three step process really does a great job though.

Black is tough, but worth it when all cleaned up.

$0.02

dR

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine was in bad shape at 16K when I purchased so I just repainted it so I could install RockBlocker on it. Since that is my main income in life LOL :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mine is pretty chipped from going out in the country to visit my girlfriend. It gets eaten up by bugs and whatnot while I'm flyin down the country roads. I've got 35K on it and most of the chips were from the previous owner too.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i have more touch up paint on than real paint

in 2 months of parking on the street here in brooklyn its been worse than the other 14 months i've had it in school and in brooklyn previously

·
Registered
863 Posts
almost 14K and my bumper had held up well. Maybe 1-2 stone chips, nothing to worry about. My hood on the other hand is a mine field. :mad: 15-20 chips on it already, and not even where a clear bra would protect it either.

my luck though, saying my bumper is safe will immediately get my front bumper torn off in 24 hours. :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
I got a lot on my blue wrx, and that became white spots from the blue paint.
If I repaint that again, I still can get that sh*t back anytime by driving in the city! SO I just leave the way it is!!!!!!!!!:wiggles:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts