ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya how can u tell the difference between PZero Nero and P Zero Nero M+S, coz they both look the same from tire rack pics and the tire itself dont mention the model name.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The P Zero Nero tire is an Ultra High Performance tire. The P Zero Nero M+S is an All Season Ultra High Performance tire. The M+S also has a silica-enhanced tread compound that helps provide better traction during high or low temps or in the rain or snow. The Nero has a silica and carbon tread compound. The M+S has a stardard load rating and the Nero has a extra load rating. The M+S is speed rated at 168mph and the Nero is rated at 186mph. I think the Nero is just a little stronger and harder with the carbon compound in them. I have the M+S ones and they give awesome traction wherever you go. I drive around in the snow and they still grip. Both great tires, but I would go with the M+S if this is gonna be a year round tire for ya.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply, but i still cant see the visual difference(you know what i mean) between the 2s

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
The tread pattern is very similar- the difference is in compound and construction. I haven't tried the M&S as I run dedicated snow tires (have to in Montana), I can tell you the Nero (hi-po) is a very good wet/dry summer tire- I've run S03 and T1S's the Pirelli compares very favorably w/ these two very good tires. Unfortunately this will be last set as they have discontinued thier 225/50/16 offering.

The M&S's get very good reviews for an all season tire, the hi-po is equally good as a summer tire.

Big Sky

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason i ask because the locals only have PZero Nero and i wanted the M+S one, i dont want to get trick pay extra for something i dont want. i need drive them on snow too

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
DINO said:
the reason i ask because the locals only have PZero Nero and i wanted the M+S one, i dont want to get trick pay extra for something i dont want. i need drive them on snow too
It'll say M&S boldly on the side of the tire. If you wouldn't mind looking, could you see if they happen to have 225/50/16's in the Nero (non M&S)- maybe Canada has them and only the US doesn't????

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you sure? Cause even if they have them the price is crazy. for example an stock re92 they ask for $174 CAN and thas before taxes(15% tax rate) so i wouldnt buy tires in Toronto if i live in America

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
DINO said:
are you sure? Cause even if they have them the price is crazy. for example an stock re92 they ask for $174 CAN and thas before taxes(15% tax rate) so i wouldnt buy tires in Toronto if i live in America
See if they have them and get the price- if it's too high (that is if they even carry that size) I'll go from there.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
give me a week, i'll try find for you, for some reason pirelli is not common in here. I have to go for the tire dealer, all they have here is BS, Mic, BF G

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
DINO said:
ya how can u tell the difference between PZero Nero and P Zero Nero M+S, coz they both look the same from tire rack pics and the tire itself dont mention the model name.
I'm sure the model is stamped clearly on the sidewall.

-Jim

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm pretty sure that TireRack uses the same picture for each version of the tire :rolleyes:

Here are the pictures from Pirelli's site.

Allseason:

Summer:

On the All-season tire you can see the "M+S" designation after the size and weight rating. The way the tread blocks extend onto the sidewall seems to be a bit different too, but that may just be a result of different aspect ratios.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts