ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering on how bad direct port nitrous is to your engine and how bad it will harm it. And another question. Does the nx ntercooler spray even make a noticable difference

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
godfather2112 said:
i was wondering on how bad direct port nitrous is to your engine and how bad it will harm it. And another question. Does the nx ntercooler spray even make a noticable difference
two different things..

direct port, or any nitrous system is fine for any car, as long as it's tuned properly for it. turbo car run low compression from the factory, so they are typically know as the more nitrous friendly cars. you'll almost certainly need a custom dyno tuned map to run any amount of nitrous, no matter which method you decide to use.

the ntercooler hit is essentially only a purge hit that cools the fins of your IC.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
TheBoostCreep said:
roll 'em all you want. for someone who doesn't seem like they have many mods done and/or information about the car, it's a stupid idea to start with. from the original posters question, it would seem this way to me.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't see how a direct port "wet" system can hurt the wrx anything more than a regular tuneup (like MBC or EM)

If I would ever use Nooosss, I'll get one of those nice computer stuff that regulates the flow so not all the "power" is released at the same time :wiggles:

However I'll rather go with the moderatly set MBC (or better) because then you have the power all day..

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Snowvert said:
roll 'em all you want. for someone who doesn't seem like they have many mods done and/or information about the car, it's a stupid idea to start with. from the original posters question, it would seem this way to me.
The ":rolleyes: " was for yet another F&F reference posted on here. ;)

I agree that it's a stupid idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts