Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just got an MBC and I was wondering how accurate is the laMco boost gauge that comes with the WRX performance guage pack? I want to make sure when I set the boost I'am getting an pretty accurate reading. I dont' want to over boost my car.

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
189 Posts
I will be installing my mbc today and people on this site said that the boost guage that came with my car is accurate. I'm going to set my mbc so that I hit 14.5 psi (which is 1 on the guage) in first gear.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How will you even be able to tell? The gauge is so small and the divisions so large, it's pretty tough to even tell what you're at. There's a big difference for a stock WRX between 15.5 psi and 16.5 psi. Do you think you can spot those two values on that gauge? I would recommend an Autometer. It's only ~$50 or so and will give you a much better idea.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have a Lamco boost gauge (a/k/a the OEM boost gauge) and I must admit that it is a bit difficult to read accurately. Frankly, I like the way Defi gauges will give you peak readouts on boost level, EGT, et al.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts