Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when and where

ideas? i've got a bunch of little mods i wanna get done to my car, but they'd all get done alot faster if we had a bunch of ppl working together. i know everyone has something they're either waiting on or don't have the tools/time to do, so i think i a shop day would be a great way for everyone to get a ton of stuff done to their cars.

-Robert

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am good for just about any weekend except for next weekend. Most of my weekends are free unless I am out of town. And I will meet just about any where in the Houston area, but perferably on the south side. I am down in sugarland.
Who else is interested?

Alex

·
Registered
62 Posts
A shop day would be cool. My next mods are:
1. gauge pod - haven't purchased yet
2. EGT gauge - haven't purchased yet
3. knocklink - haven't purchased yet
4. eibach springs - purchased.....unless i sell them, i keep changing my mind.....$175 anyone?

I have installed the following:
1. turboxs stage 2 (tback exhaust, chip, harness, boost control and intake silencer removal)
2. trailer hitch and lights
3. subwoofer amp
4. daytime running light disable
5. PEP mil eliminator
6. cusco rear sway bar
7. autometer 2-1/16 cup and boost gauge

let me know.....

-Mark

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nothing to install right now, but I might take of my injen. So, depending on when and where I might be down. Southside works for me also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because I got a crappy job on my rear windshield, started to turn purple.
And I wanna get 20% all around at Gen-X. They're charging $60+ for just taking it off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you wipe the tint down with windex? I have heard this causes tint to turn purple. $60 might not be bad deal for removing tint on a rear window with a defrost element but honestly, I haven't ever removed any tint. You might want to shop around a little and see if you can get a new tint job that would include the removal of the old tint. Just my two cents worth.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robert's "shop" now open for business!

hehe, i just recently got an air compressor, so now working on the car should go incredibly faster than before! woohoo!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Robert, sorry i could stop by on Sat. I had to run home. Maybe Nextweekend... who knows... i really want my calibers to be red! :D

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
afpdl said:
Sweet, did you get your downpipe in yet man?

Alex
nooooo!!!!!

hehe, i'm STILL waiting on it :eek:
really its because the guy im ordering it from is waiting to get a bunch of orders so he can save on shipping (dp box is friggin huge)

so it'll be a while before i get that one commin' in. however! ahem, however!!!: i might be able to afford a new turbo shortly :D since i've been saving up so much for the dp and it hasnt come in, i'll have enough saved up for my VF22. oh yeahhhh! :cool:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I know how you feel, god just shipped my dp out the other day and he is still awaiting the arrival of my nur spec touring from japan.

Alex

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aaaaaahhhh!!!!

gotta install something! gotta install something! gotta intall something!!!

hehe - im hyper addicted now - i just lifted my car and took off the wheels w/ my impact wrench just for fun :D (though i ended up cleaning the wheels) we can have an install day at my place if you guys want - i got a fairly good working space, and enough tools to do most installs, though i might need some stuff for the bigger jobs.

so, whos up for something this weekend?

-Robert

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well unless I get my exhaust in this week I will at least have an uppipe to install, I would have a little more to do but I got bored and put in my blitz dualtt and mbc the other day. Did you use new gaskets for your uppipe Rob? I havent decided if I should try the stockers or just get the extra thick ones yet.

Alex

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i kept the original upper gasket, and replaced the lower uppipe gasket. (OEM gasket though, not extra thick or doubled up gaskets) and i have a leakless uppipe for 6months(?) and still going strong :D

i've had numerous experiences before the latest install thats so far worked out - took me 3 uppipe installs to get it right - i think i've got it done by now ;) thought others have done 6-7...even more! before getting it right, so no guerantees i guess

-Robert

·
Registered
104 Posts
afpdl said:
Well unless I get my exhaust in this week I will at least have an uppipe to install, I would have a little more to do but I got bored and put in my blitz dualtt and mbc the other day. Did you use new gaskets for your uppipe Rob? I havent decided if I should try the stockers or just get the extra thick ones yet.

Alex
I had to wait about 2 months for an exhaust to come in from Japan. but it was from GReddy, hopefully Blitz is alittle faster.

but usually it comes on the boat in containers to Blitz USA. then shipped out from there. Its spends along time on the ships.

Robert, what kind of air compressor you get, and you start getting any air tools yet?

later
William

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got a cheesy "kit" of air accessories - 3/8 impact wrench, air rachet, air hammer, air dremmel tool, random bits and attachments, a few hoses

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright, so whos up for something this weekend? if ya don't post, im gonna start calling each and every one of you...i know where you live...i know your screenname....and most importantly, i know what car you drive...so watch out!!! ;)

i bought some stuff, and wanna build this camera mount thingy
(see this thread) - maybe we can do a few of these for everyone, that way it'd get done quicker and easier.

i also have my craptastic DIY intercooler sprayer that needs to be rerouted and refitted, along w/ some other random bits n pieces.

Alex i believe has an uppipe he wants to refit on his car

anyone else?

william - can we use your shop this weekend to have a little clubwrx gathering? that'd be alot better than my place, which doesn't have much...

-Robert

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Just to confirm yes I am in if anything happens this weekend, I just need to know where and when.

And I dont really want a camera mount but Ill be happy to work on some.

Alex

1 - 20 of 32 Posts